By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

New Little Liverpool Fan!

Barnesy_10

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proud father of my second little boy today!!!

Baby Luke, born at home at 7:15am..... I had to deliver as the midwife didn't get here in time!! She ran in as I had him wrapped in a towel!!!

Adrenaline rush is fading and I am beginning to take it all in!!

Wooohooooo!!

wow, pat on the back for you

congrats.

F*cking hell Barnesy delivered him yourself?! Congratuations on the arrival and the way it happened, and to your missus who presumably did it all without any proper pain relief! Heroic effort all round, what a Christmas present!

What was the midwife doing getting there late by the way?

Cheers for the replies guys!

F*cking hell Barnesy delivered him yourself?! Congratuations on the arrival and the way it happened, and to your missus who presumably did it all without any proper pain relief! Heroic effort all round, what a Christmas present!

What was the midwife doing getting there late by the way?

Midwife was in shower at home when the clinic rang her.... I spoke to her and she was just getting onto Aigburth Road so wasn't far from me but wife was screaming that babies head was out... I took a look and it was... Then helped deliver the rest... Got him wrapped up and then midwife showed up and took over....

I did feel a bit queasy after it all when I realised what I had just done, but definitely an amazing experience and a story to tell!

Cheers again guys!!

nice job sir.. not that you had any choice in the matter but welcome to the "oops the midwife didn't make it in time" club!

Child one. Hospital.

Child two. Home with 2 midwives

child 3 home - missing midwife.

Didn;t like the way that was trending so no more kids for us.

just think what your other half was thinking when she realised who was going to be in charge at the business end......

Congrats.

Delivering babies at home in 2010? How's the health care in UK these days? :o

This genuinely sounds strange for me, as I think the last time something like this happened where I live (Finland) was perhaps in 1353.

Anyways, sounds like you had a blast and most importantly the baby is fine - so congrats! :)

Delivering babies at home in 2010? How's the health care in UK these days? :o

There's actually a strong case for home births as the best practise.

Women aren't ill when they are giving birth you see, its not generally a medical proceedure. Or so the theory goes anyway.