By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Hughton sacked?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate of mine's a mag - says Hughton's the 9th Manager since Souness (2006)

fecking hell

"permanent" managers since GS: Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan, Shearer, Hughton.

still mental like.

actually, Shearer wasn't "permanent" but he was something more than a caretaker wasn't he? not like a Nigel Pearson or Peter Beardsley-style stand-in.

Edited by John

A man gets a team who's team spirit is a wreck promoted, gets them comfortably in mid table, including winning at Arsenal, beating someone 6-0 and absolutely battering their local rivals and is sacked for Alan Pardew? This would probably be the most stupid thing ive ever seen in football.

And unless Pardew is a brilliant man manager then they'll go down, Hughton hadnt lost the players from what i'd seen.

hearsay though so there will be nothing unless other people who heard it from Ashleys mouth mention it, if it did indeed happen, people have all manner of agendas (and I'm not pointing at Dus here whatsoever) but we know first hand how agendas work and how they garner their own momentum.

hearsay though so there will be nothing unless other people who heard it from Ashleys mouth mention it, if it did indeed happen, people have all manner of agendas (and I'm not pointing at Dus here whatsoever) but we know first hand how agendas work and how they garner their own momentum.

This is true, it comes into the plausible bracket. I'm not one for looking for hidden prejudices and barriers, but the treatment of Hughton would be topped off by such a comment. He's been professional, loyal and dignified and has done this bloke a huge amount of good, especially in the one area he seems to get, cash. He's been taken for a ride, used and disposed of because he doesn't fit this blokes idea of a manager. If it's Pardew, it will confirm a few things for me, cant be a personal, because Hughton seems to have got on with near everyone.