By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Season Ticket Exchange Scheme

DaveLFC

Just got this with my season tickets, thought I'd type it out an put it here for anyone that might find the information useful.

Liverpool Football Club

Season Ticket Exchange system

We are pleased to announce the details of a new scheme for season ticket holders who find that they are unable to attend FA Premier League home fixture(s). This new scheme will give the Season Ticket holder the chance to return their seat to the club on a match basis and in return they will receive a credit towards their Season Ticket renewal price for the following season.

Season Ticket holders who find that they are unable to attend a match call the Liverpool Ticket Exchange on 0844 844 0844 or is calling from abroad (0044) 870 220 2151. Once all the details have been taken the ticket will be offered to the members of our Official Membership. The Official Members who are looking to purchase tickets will then have the opportunity to purchase the exchange tickets either online or via the telephone.

A web site is currently being developed which will enable the season ticket holder the opportunity to return their ticket online. As soon as this facility becomes available the appropriate information will be published.

The ticket exchange will only come into operation when all the available match tickets for the particular match have sold out (this excludes any unsold Visitors ticket allocation). In view of this situation it is not possible to guarantee the sale of the tickets returned to the Ticket Exchange, nor can it be guaranteed that all tickets offered through the Ticket Exchange will be sold.

The Ticket Exchange is entirely automated with the value of the sold ticket held in the Season Ticket holder’s online account. The members of the Official Membership will be able to purchase a ticket either online or via the telephone and will receive a standard match ticket through the post.

Season Ticket holder who successfully return their seat will have their Member’s Card (smart card) deactivated for the match. The value of the ticket(s) sold will be held in the online account until the end of the season and the value in the account will be deducted from the following season’s Season Ticket renewal price.

The seller of the ticket will receive a credit as detailed in the table below; the purchasing member will pay the standard ticket price. The difference in value between the buying and selling price will be used in the development and operational costs of the Ticket exchange.

We want to ensure that our supporters have the best experience possible and this now includes providing them with a facility to resell their tickets through the Club which can be purchased by our Official Members. As fixtures were sold out last season this service will also offer our members an additional method in purchasing tickets.

Terms and Conditions

1 If you are unable to attend a match and would like to put your seat up for sale please call 0844 844 0844, Overseas Number (0044) 870 220 2151. The Ticket Exchange service is available 18 days prior to a FA Premier League fixture, registrations will close 3 days before a fixture. The facility is only available for home FA Premier League fixtures.

2. The decision to submit your seat for resale is non reversible. Once a seat has been released for resale you will not be able to attend that match on your season ticket seat, your member’s card (smart card) will be deactivated for that game only.

3. If you decide to attend the specific match after submitting your season ticket for resale you will be required to purchase a match ticket (subject to availability) at the full price.

4. Your seat will only be put up for resale when all available match tickets (excluding any Visitors allocation) have been sold.

5. Credits towards your season ticket for 2009/2010 are detailed below provided that your seat has been resold,

A Games B Games

Adult £30 £28

Child £15 £14

Over 65 £22.50 £21

Please note that Adult/Child combined season tickets must be returned as a pair of tickets.

6. Credits against your season ticket renewal for 2009/2010 will be accumulated until April 20 2009. All credits accumulated thereafter will be credited against your season ticket renewal for the season 2010/2011.

7. Credits raised against your season ticket seat can only be used against your season ticket renewal price for the following season (or season specified) and cannot be transferred for cash or used towards the purchase of any other match tickets or club products.

8. Liverpool Football Club are unable to guarantee the sale of your released ticket.

£30 x 19 = £570. It's not bad I suppose better to get 80% of the value than nowt if you are desperate.

Just an aside, if full price for each ticket it would cost £721 for 19 games (9 at 39 (cat A), 10 at 37 (cat B)). MY ST with my renewal discount was £700. Therefore a first time season ticket holder will pay more to go to the match than if they purchased every single game at full price. Has it always been like this ?

Edited by Woodsyla

£30 x 19 = £570. It's not bad I suppose better to get 80% of the value than nowt if you are desperate.

Just an aside, if full price for each ticket it would cost £721 for 19 games (9 at 39 (cat A), 10 at 37 (cat B)). MY ST with my renewal discount was £700. Therefore a first time season ticket holder will pay more to go to the match than if they purchased every single game at full price. Has it always been like this ?

i doubt very much there are any firsttime season ticket holders.

BTW, has anyone recieved their new fancard yet?

Guest GrandpaSimpson
Not got mine either, but if they are doing it alphabetically... I'll be at the end of the queue as per.

Is that you Zinedine?

I joined the waiting list for a season ticket about 4/5 years ago, the same time i joined the PTS

I saw an article quoting Ian Ayre stating that they would be writing to all on the list to confirm if they still wished to continue with their season ticket application.

So on that basis i rang the club to check whereabouts i was on the list. the girl on the phone couldnt find me but suggested i write in. I did write in setting out the circumstances and time when i joined.

I got a letter back from the ticket office (lauren ball?) stating my details were not on the waiting list and my name was never entered.

I wrote back to day stating that I was told my name was on the list years ago and it wasnt my fault it has dropped off it. however ot now seems as though im at the back of the queue and probably wont get a chane to buy a ticket for about 15 years now.

absolutely gutted and angry would be the underestimation of the decade..

Edited by Fagan

I joined the waiting list for a season ticket about 4/5 years ago, the same time i joined the PTS

I saw an article quoting Ian Ayre stating that they would be writing to all on the list to confirm if they still wished to continue with their season ticket application.

So on that basis i rang the club to check whereabouts i was on the list. the girl on the phone couldnt find me but suggested i write in. I did write in setting out the circumstances and time when i joined.

I got a letter back from the ticket office (lauren ball?) stating my details were not on the waiting list and my name was never entered.

I wrote back to day stating that I was told my name was on the list years ago and it wasnt my fault it has dropped off it. however ot now seems as though im at the back of the queue and probably wont get a chane to buy a ticket for about 15 years now.

absolutely gutted and angry would be the underestimation of the decade..

It's totally irrelevant - you wouldn't have got a chance of a Season Ticket until the new stadium was built anyway.

It's totally irrelevant - you wouldn't have got a chance of a Season Ticket until the new stadium was built anyway.

well its not, its totally relevant in fact. firstly there was no new stadium at the time i joined the waiting list, so its an administrative c**k of personally huge consequences potentially.

as it happens a new stadium is hypothetically a few years away. but I am now at the back of a queue which, in the time between when I joined the waiting list and now, has multiplied hugely, particularly where fans were aware of the new stadium actually becoming a reality.

so im no longer in a position whereby i would have more than likely got a ticket for the new stadium to one where I definitely will not.

so its hugely relevant in my opinion

Edited by Fagan

You'll get offered a season ticket for the new stadium, wherever you are on the list.

If it never gets built, then you wouldn't have been offered one ayway - how many are currently given up each season? Is it even in double figures?

And you'll have to pay a fortune! for a crap view and a crap atmosphere. yayyyyyy

can't wait

I suspect the view will be fine.

And the atmosphere is the atmosphere - it's sh*t for League games (with the obvious exceptions) anyway.

You either want a season ticket or you (Fagan) don't.

For the corporates and £2000 season tickets

And the atmosphere is the atmosphere - it's sh*t for League games (with the obvious exceptions) anyway.

There's too many whoppers in now for PL games, CL seem to scare them away for the moment luckily. Imagine another 10-15000 beauts scattered around the ground. OT MK II

With the availability of seats, there'll be no need. A large amount of people who apply for general sale/PTS now will probably get a ST, meaning the numbers applying for general sale will be much lower = easier to get tickets.

For the corporates and £2000 season tickets

There's too many whoppers in now for PL games, CL seem to scare them away for the moment luckily. Imagine another 10-15000 beauts scattered around the ground. OT MK II

With the availability of seats, there'll be no need. A large amount of people who apply for general sale/PTS now will probably get a ST, meaning the numbers applying for general sale will be much lower = easier to get tickets.

all fact.

don't get me wrong, if i get a season ticket for the new stadium i will take it, and i'll be over the fooking moon.

thats my problem, without a season ticket im stuck with the PTS and the atmosphere is generally dreadful at league games although it has improved over the years.I remember one seaosn under houllier where the atmosphere was library-esque, the only noise you could here were murmers of discontent.

with the season ticket i can finally start going to away games both domestic and european and get to go to cup games etc...

please god i get offered one for the new stadium but im not as optimistic as you are about my chances and I'm still feCk8n angry about what has happened

thats my problem, without a season ticket im stuck with the PTS and the atmosphere is generally dreadful at league games although it has improved over the years.I remember one seaosn under houllier where the atmosphere was library-esque, the only noise you could here were murmers of discontent.

with the season ticket i can finally start going to away games both domestic and european and get to go to cup games etc...

When you get your season ticket, you'll get into home league games where the atmosphere is "dreadful". And it hasn't improved over the years - it's as bad now for may games as it has always been.

You don't need a Season Ticket to go to domestic and European aways.