By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Reverse psychology - are we really that skint ?

Brutus the barber

I believe allot of the stories about us not having money for this player or having to sell another player to buy another is made up by spin doctors within LFC.

Makes sense, when we were first got taken over by the yanks all of the players we were interested in all of a sudden got a few 0's put on the end and we didn't play ball!! simao, alves etc....

They make out we are skint to make sure the prices are not inflated, like every player Chelski are linked with!!

I believe, although we dont have endless amounts of the green stuff and Rafa hates paying over the odds unless it is a Torres kind of quality, we could see some surprise purchases before the summer is over.

Barry, Bentley, Reira and Villa are not out of the question... ohh let their be a God and make him have 5 stars on his sleeve and a liver bird tatooed on his a*** :-)

I believe allot of the stories about us not having money for this player or having to sell another player to buy another is made up by spin doctors within LFC.

Makes sense, when we were first got taken over by the yanks all of the players we were interested in all of a sudden got a few 0's put on the end and we didn't play ball!! simao, alves etc....

They make out we are skint to make sure the prices are not inflated, like every player Chelski are linked with!!

I believe, although we dont have endless amounts of the green stuff and Rafa hates paying over the odds unless it is a Torres kind of quality, we could see some surprise purchases before the summer is over.

Barry, Bentley, Reira and Villa are not out of the question... ohh let their be a God and make him have 5 stars on his sleeve and a liver bird tatooed on his a*** :-)

sorry MON its 15m or do one son ;)

Truth is - we don't know. What we DO know - so it was reported - is that when the loan was renogiated around £45m was worked in fro 'players and associated costs'. Did that include Mascherano and Skrtel? If so, then that's already down to around £20m. If it includes their pay or Degen's etc - even less. But in the end, we just don't know how it works out.

the 45mil was to include skrtel and Masch. Generally though, transfer fees are paid over the life of the contract, so it makes it a bit unclear. ie its not clear maths of 45-25 for masch and Skrtel = 20 for other transfers.

On the other hand the stadium doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so technically we have 60mil sitting there we could tap...

the 45mil was to include skrtel and Masch. Generally though, transfer fees are paid over the life of the contract, so it makes it a bit unclear. ie its not clear maths of 45-25 for masch and Skrtel = 20 for other transfers.

On the other hand the stadium doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so technically we have 60mil sitting there we could tap...

The bit about 'paying over the duration of the contract' is generally true, though it seems when it comes to buying quality, the selling club more often than not wants all or a chunk of the cash upfront - this of course just makes it even more difficult to quantify.

Not sure how the strictures governing the loans work and whether we would be allowed to dip into the £60m set aside for a stadium start - terms and conditions may prohibit it's use for other purposes.

As you say, the maths are not as simple as we'd like to think.

Yes, I agree.

The whole Gillett v. Hicks, Hicks v. Parry, Parry v. Rafa stories were all made up to create an aura of disarray about the club. Our accountants clearly got in the act when they cleverly came up with those black and white figures showing us to be deeply in debt with no work started on the stadium. Hooray!

:yes:

Barry's a smokescreen for Kaka

Kaka's a smokescreen for a clone army of Pele's, Maradona's and Di Stefano's. It cost 30 trillion to construct on the Dark Side of the Moon but LFC paid 40 trillion cash and told'em to keep the change.

The real purpose of building a new stadium is to dig a hole big enough to put the club's cash reserves in. Rafa has the players running up mountains of cash but its getting difficult to open the changing room doors for all the £50 notes getting stuck in the doorway.

'Dipping in' to the stadium funds sounds like sound financial management, it's free money after all. We should get that Peter Ridsdale in to advise on how best to spend it.

Truth is - we don't know. What we DO know - so it was reported - is that when the loan was renogiated around £45m was worked in fro 'players and associated costs'. Did that include Mascherano and Skrtel? If so, then that's already down to around £20m. If it includes their pay or Degen's etc - even less. But in the end, we just don't know how it works out.

There may be Sissoko money to factor back in also.

When you buy a house; does it matter if you pay in cash, or you take up a loan you pay in monthly installments? Of course not. The price for the house is the same. And the maths is really not that unclear, if Masch cost 17m, then that's 17m out of our transfer kitty no matter if it's financed with loans or liquid funds immediately.

When you buy a house; does it matter if you pay in cash, or you take up a loan you pay in monthly installments? Of course not. The price for the house is the same.

Do you have a mortgage or live with your parents ?

There's interest on a mortgage so it costs a lot more than buying a house cash.

When you buy a house; does it matter if you pay in cash, or you take up a loan you pay in monthly installments? Of course not. The price for the house is the same. And the maths is really not that unclear, if Masch cost 17m, then that's 17m out of our transfer kitty no matter if it's financed with loans or liquid funds immediately.

Of course it fecking matters how you pay for the house

yet another nonsense analogy

right that's it, i'm starting to make a list of these

Guest Prongsy
Kaka's a smokescreen for a clone army of Pele's, Maradona's and Di Stefano's. It cost 30 trillion to construct on the Dark Side of the Moon but LFC paid 40 trillion cash and told'em to keep the change.

The real purpose of building a new stadium is to dig a hole big enough to put the club's cash reserves in. Rafa has the players running up mountains of cash but its getting difficult to open the changing room doors for all the £50 notes getting stuck in the doorway.

'Dipping in' to the stadium funds sounds like sound financial management, it's free money after all. We should get that Peter Ridsdale in to advise on how best to spend it.

I don't see how Pele is going to fit in.

All those years of planning, of ensuring we were shafted by other clubs, selling unwanted players for negligible amounts, over massively over paying for our targets and of pretending to be priced out of players like Alves.

They finally all believe we are skint. This summer it will all come to fruition

From various sources and reading between the lines looks like rafa has 20m to spend this summer but is selling a couple of players to bring in more funds. Is a 20m net spend enough to win the title? Of course not, but until the ownership issues are sorted we clearly don't have the mega bucks of the other 3 teams in the top 4.

why isn't 20mil net enough to win the title?Wenger can do it on a lower net spend. Man u do it too. Yes, they spend big on 1 or 2 players, but they have the funds coming in too. Pique, richardson, Howard, Obi-wan, Nistelrooy, beckham, miller are some of the players sold in recent times to supplement their spending.

Wenger won the league pre-Chelsea and he found some superb players at good prices. I could be wrong but it seems to me that any player with a remote amount of ability is priced up these days...Would Aaron Ramsey have cost 5m in 1998? Not in my view. In our current situation we have to catch up with the two best teams in Europe, probably the two best teams in the world right now. IMHO we need to spend more than 20m to bridge that gap. Even Wenger needs to spend this summer.

Everyone went insane this time last year when the Echo was reporting Forlan and, to a lesser extent, Milito as our main target last year along with Darren Bent. Then we signed Torres and had money left over to spend £10m+ on an u21. We've never been prepared to spend (goto the banks for) that sort of money before so let's wait and see I reckon.

My biggest concern is who is pulling the strings behind the scenes. Don't think there's any doubt Rafa is the one targetting players but who is he going to get these deals done or to see if they're a possibility. Parry, Gillet and Hicks are at war with eachother and I can see that being a bigger issue than an actual lack of money