By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

For the first time in a long while...

alias75

We'll probably have 2 or 3 players from the reserves promoted to the first team squad next season (Plessis, Insua, maybe Nemith) what this means is we should be able to go for quality instead of quantity despite what a lot of papers are saying. Even though there'll probably be 5-6 players leaving promoting players from within the club means you don't have to sign another 5-6 players to keep the same squad depth instead we can sign maybe 3 good quality players and promote 3 from the ressies.

Even though these young players aren't ready to play in the really big games, personally i don't see a problem in playing someone like Insua in certain games compared to Riise or even Nemith compared to Voronin for certain games.

Its vital the reserves start producing players for the first team squad because that allows Rafa to focus the money he does have on quality instead of also having to think of squad numbers too. For the first time in a long time theres 2 or 3 that will make the step up in the summer.

Even though these young players aren't ready to play in the really big games, personally i don't see a problem in playing someone like Insua in certain games compared to Riise or even Nemith compared to Voronin for certain games.

surely you mean "in any game"?

surely you mean "in any game"?

Not really someone like Riise however poor hes been in the last few seasons has played in those big games against teams like Man Utd and done pretty well against someone like Ronaldo, im not sure Insuas ready for those games yet, but at home against 90% of the PL id have no problem if he played.

Voronin doesn't usually start those big games but personally id have no fear playing Nemith in the type of game Voronin usually gets a chance.

Guest gordy
Not really someone like Riise however poor hes been in the last few seasons has played in those big games against teams like Man Utd and done pretty well against someone like Ronaldo, im not sure Insuas ready for those games yet, but at home against 90% of the PL id have no problem if he played.

Voronin doesn't usually start those big games but personally id have no fear playing Nemith in the type of game Voronin usually gets a chance.

Riise has had his day its time for him to move on.Innsua would do a good job as his replacement and should be given his chance.Nemeth is quality and wouldnt be out of his depth in Prem.Plessis and Huth should get a chance and Jay Spearing they are all good enough :cool:

Guest gordy
Huth is nowhere near ready for Premier League football, its debatable whether Spearing is or ever will be.

How dya work that out?

Guest gordy
Pure speculation on my part. How do you think I came to that opinion?

Doesnt answer the question :wacko:

id rather have anderson, hammill, nemeth on the bench for us than benayoun, voronin, kewell etc who are payed so much more.

Hopefully with having 7 subs next season we will see some more youngsters coming through and being given chances

I wonder how Jack Hobbs, Antwi, Anderson, Hammill, and Guthrie have been doing on loan ? Is there any chance of any of them being brought back into the squad I wonder ?

The only one of them I would happily see in the squad is Guthrie unfortunately. The rest are average.

I can see us getting rid of a load of youngish players in the summer, we'll have a huge reserve squad otherwise.

BTW, I'd be amazed if Nemeth isn't in the senior squad next season, he's already better than Voronin IMO, and that's no slight on Andriy.

I can see us getting rid of a load of youngish players in the summer, we'll have a huge reserve squad otherwise.

BTW, I'd be amazed if Nemeth isn't in the senior squad next season, he's already better than Voronin IMO, and that's no slight on Andriy.

He deserves to be slighted, he's a waste of a shirt and a waste of money. Rafa's worst signing.

id rather have anderson, hammill, nemeth on the bench for us than benayoun, voronin, kewell etc who are payed so much more.

Hopefully with having 7 subs next season we will see some more youngsters coming through and being given chances

What the f*** has Benayoun done wrong?

He deserves to be slighted, he's a waste of a shirt and a waste of money. Rafa's worst signing.

Ah come on, he's not that bad, popped up with a few important goals early in the season. His form has gone to s***e, and he'll probably move on, but he was a free transfer.

Edited by Maldini

Ah come on, he's not that bad, popped up with a few important goals early in the season. His form has gone to s***e, and he'll probably move on, but he was a free transfer.

He's garbage with a s*** attitude. Free or not I bet he is on at least £25,000 a week plus a decent signing on fee.

Having said that I was willing him to score pre-game in a match thread a few weeks ago :o

Edited by muleskinner

Guest Toxteth O'Grady

Guthrie, Anderson and Hobbs are all more than capable of being good solid squad players, and should be given the chance. No point in wasting huge sums of cash on cover when we have good young lads ready to step in if required.

He's garbage with a s*** attitude. Free or not I bet he is on at least £25,000 a week plus a decent signing on fee.

Totally agree. He's the sort of player you just want to do badly whenever possible to increase the chance of getting rid.

Voronin isn't as bad as common thought would have it.

Granted he's not very good, but as a free transfer from a mid-table German side he's done what he's supposed to do - fill in when others are rested and not get near the team for important games.

We'll probably sell him to another mid-table German side for around £3M in the summer - decent business all things considered.

Totally agree. He's the sort of player you just want to do badly whenever possible to increase the chance of getting rid.

If you don't realise what a s***ty attitude that is then there's really no hope for you.