By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Now the season is over

downunder

do we give our Euro 2008 players a few weeks off? Surely a break now can do them no harm, do we need them in the next 2 matches?

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I haven't read all the threads.

Edited by downunder

who is going to euro08 for us? reina, alonso, torres, babel, kuyt. . . .not sure why they should be rested tbh. still points and pride to play for.

Arbeloa probbaly too.

We have a large squad, why dont we carry on using the fringe players? I am not saying we don't go for wins, but I think we can do without most the players you have mentioned.

I want to see us t*** Man City so that the fans are on a high for the lap of honour, yes use some of the kids but lets get behind the lads and show them we appreciate there effort this season.

I will of course be booing Riise's every touch. ;)

To be honest, I'd consider last night Riise's last game and give Insua the full ninety in the next two matches.

Again, I'd play Nemeth ahead of Crouch and Voronin, who will probably be on their way.

We can't change our position in the league, so this is an ideal chance to blood the youngsters in alongside other members of the first team, rather than with a shadow squad.

Guest Snorky

At this moment in time I dont give two farts about the rest of the season. I hate football at the moment.

Guest Toxteth O'Grady

I'd tell Torres, Babel and Pepe to go and have a two week holiday somewhere before joining up with the Spain squad. They'll barely get a rest for next season if they go far in the tournament.

And I'd give Nemeth, Insua and the likes of San Jose a run out in the last two games.

I'd tell Torres, Babel and Pepe to go and have a two week holiday somewhere before joining up with the Spain squad. They'll barely get a rest for next season if they go far in the tournament.

And I'd give Nemeth, Insua and the likes of San Jose a run out in the last two games.

Babel mightn't appreciate being told to join up with the Spain squad :)

Guest PaulMcC

I want to see us play a strong team against City with 3 youngsters in too.

Maybe 442 with Gerrard and Torres starting.

I'd like Torres to break Van Nistelrooy's league goal record too.

Guest Toxteth O'Grady

Babel and Torres together would be ace, but I think Rafa sees it as one or the other and will use both of them as the lone striker next season. He just doesn't trust Gerrard enough to play him in a two man midfield.

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

Babel and Torres together would be ace, but I think Rafa sees it as one or the other and will use both of them as the lone striker next season. He just doesn't trust Gerrard enough to play him in a two man midfield.

to be fair, i wouldn't trust him in a two man midfield.

4 up front?

6 in defence?

Guest Toxteth O'Grady

........................Reina

......Newbie..Carra..Agger..Newbie

.................Masch......Barry

......Gerro............................Silva

.....................Babel

.....................Torres

Guest Toxteth O'Grady

Thank god you're not the manager then.

Guest Toxteth O'Grady

Utter nonsense, but carry on.

Carra is in there for his defensive duties, which are second to none, and pretty important at this level. When Skrtyle has reached that level of brilliance, then he can expect a starting place instead of JC.

I want to see us play a strong team against City with 3 youngsters in too.

Maybe 442 with Gerrard and Torres starting.

I'd like Torres to break Van Nistelrooy's league goal record too.

Insua playing at left back, perhaps Nemeth getting 45 minutes alongside Torres in a 4 4 2.

Guest PaulMcC
Insua playing at left back, perhaps Nemeth getting 45 minutes alongside Torres in a 4 4 2.

Aye, that's what i hope happens.

Maybe give Plessis another game.