By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Our left hand side at Stamford bridge?

Romario

This for me is the one position that will keep Rafa up all night over the coming week. Does he take the risk of Babel and hope for him to turn up from the start playing away in a pressure game or does he bring him on late as an impact player?

The thing is if he leaves him out then we are a far more weaker team and unbalanced. If he leaves him out do we change the formation like we did against Arsenal and revert to a 442 knowing a 4231 doesn't really work unless Babel is playing and firing?

If he drops Babel away at the bridge do we go back to a 442 and play Crouch up top with Torres? If so does Dirk stay out right considering his work rate, current form and goals in the CL, meaning Gerrard on the left (probably his poorest position of all that he can play)

Do we switch Gerrard to the right and stick Kuyt on the left like he's played for Holland?

I think Masch and Alonso should stick to the middle so it all about how the wide and forward players line up.

Take Babel out and it asks more questions than any other player for me as we've got no one else that can plug that position with anything like the same ability except for Kewell who's currently on a trip to mars for all his use.

What say you?

Riise up front to finish off crosses from Pennant? :rolleyes:

If Aurelio somehow makes it in time then same team as tonight. If not then Arbeloa LB and Finnan RB. With Essien back I'd keep Xabi and Masch with Gerrard just ahead of them. We'll need that extra bit of support I reckon.

If we're still chasing the game 25 minutes to go and aren't creating chances then whack Crouch and Pennant on.

Pesonally i would play.

------------------------Reina--------------------------------

Arby-------------Skrtel--------------Hypia -------Carra ( he is hard/ Aurelio is out for the season )

------------Mash---------------------Xabi----------------

Kuyt---------------------Gerrard-------------------Babel--------------

---------------------------Torres-------------------------------------------

Guest the Dude abides

Arbeloa is better LB than RB imo. So no need to change too much. Finnan at RB, ARbeloa at LB and then as we were. No regrets, be positive, we're a better side than them, i have no doubts whatsoever about that.

i ll play lucas & marsch in the centre.

marsch sit back more

lucas going forward & dictate our game more. from the middle.

clear.

alonso/marsch combination seem they both want to sit back. or they confusing each other role?

it s about us to be offensive in that game.

Edited by surfaris

Space in the middle against Chelsea is always limited maybe Gerrard would be more of an influence on the left or right. Their right fullback isnt the best i think he'd have more joy against him than the 3 they usually play in midfield.

Guest Rafa's Receding Hairline

Carra right back, Arbeloa left back.

44-2 with Crouch and Torres.

I never want to see Riise in a red shirt again.

Carra right back, Arbeloa left back.

44-2 with Crouch and Torres.

I never want to see Riise in a red shirt again.

we'd get absolutely swamped in midfield playing that. keep the same XI and formation if possible, if aurelio's out then arbeloa to LB and carragher to RB with sami in.

we'd get absolutely swamped in midfield playing that. keep the same XI and formation if possible, if aurelio's out then arbeloa to LB and carragher to RB with sami in.

Well that's what I'm saying no? Only difference is that I think 4-4-2 would be better:

1. Because we're chasing the game.

2. Because Chelsea will play 4-4-2. Let's not forget Essien's back for them.

Well that's what I'm saying no? Only difference is that I think 4-4-2 would be better:

1. Because we're chasing the game.

2. Because Chelsea will play 4-4-2. Let's not forget Essien's back for them.

chelsea will not play 4-4-2 at all. when was the last time you saw chelsea in europe play 4-4-2?

chelsea will not play 4-4-2 at all. when was the last time you saw chelsea in europe play 4-4-2?

Well it's been their most popular formation of late, even under Mourinho. They've kept the same shape under Grant, with Drogba and Anelka leading the line most of the time.

Guest Anders Honoré

Start babel. I think he realised feirrara was s***e in the second half and started running past him with ease. was surprised he was subbed tbh.

Since we need a goal we should start with Babel. If he fails to perform (fairly likely) then we need to have an alternative plan ready.

sufficiently abuse and mock him in the match thread so he plays better second half

Arbeloa was very poor yesterday

He is better on the left.

I would not start with Babel. He is far more effective coming on later in the game.

Start babel. I think he realised feirrara was s***e in the second half and started running past him with ease. was surprised he was subbed tbh.

It was if Rafa said to him at half-time "Ryan lad, you do realise Ferreira is sh*t don't you?"

Riise and Babel for me down the left in 2nd leg.