By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Stanley Park, DIC and Hicks

Spirit Of Shankly

First of all a thank you to all who made it out to the park last night armed with high visibility jackets, spades and in one instance a pickaxe. It was short notice but well worth it given the coverage we’ve been able to greet Mr Hicks with as he arrives in Liverpool. It’s brilliant to be able to demonstrate with a smile on our face and it’s similarly brilliant that this idea came originally from one of the forums. This is what we’re all capable of, an idea from an individual that’s made reality by us coming together which yet again publicly hammers home the point about the duplicitousness of both of our owners.

Later on in the evening, representatives of SOS met with representatives of DIC, led by Amanda Staveley. We felt that as “a meeting of minds” it went very well. We had a long, thorough discussion about supporters being better represented within the football club. We came away feeling not only listened to but engaged with and we’re very hopeful we will continue that discussion at a later date. We were also told DIC hold the manager in very high regard.

Mr Hicks should be at the game tonight. We fully expect the decision taken en masse at the first meeting to hold; no protesting during the game. Him coming seems like a provocation but we ought to rise above it and get on with the matter in hand. Today’s papers and last night’s meeting reinforce the fact we are having an impact - that you are having an impact - and we know we will all work as hard as we can to continue to do so. It also means we can enjoy the game without having to worry about us getting our point across. We’ve got it across yesterday, we’ll get it across tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day. We’re not going anywhere.

Spirit Of Shankly.

Edited by Spirit Of Shankly

Superb bit of guerilla activism yesterday. A very well judged combination of cheek, humour and a strong message behind the photo-op. Congratulations to all concerned.

Good to see DIC engaging with the supporters, the time to establish a new way of going forward is before the ink is dried on whatever new structure emerges.

Superb bit of guerilla activism yesterday. A very well judged combination of cheek, humour and a strong message behind the photo-op. Congratulations to all concerned.

Good to see DIC engaging with the supporters, the time to establish a new way of going forward is before the ink is dried on whatever new structure emerges.

Good stuff all round

Even taking the cynical view that DIC's engagement with the fans is lip service (not saying that it is, I have no idea) - lip service is more than has been provided by G&H regarding the importance of the fans.

It's a good start. Just hope it gets sorted and soon

Its great of her/DIC to take the time to meet with some fans and do it properly. Contrast this with Hicks jnr running for cover.

Well done everyone who went to the park last night.

what did Amanda have to drink btw?

To be fair, he did come into the sandon and have beer and flob lashed at him.

It was all a little bit too late from them mind.

To be fair, he did come into the sandon and have beer and flob lashed at him.

It was all a little bit too late from them mind.

Hope his dad gets more of the same in the executive suite. Maybe Parry will drop a joke poo in his glass.

Just to pick up on this, as I've made clear in speeches and in bits and pieces of writing, that this new way of going forward has to be almost unique in British terms. The way supporters are treated and involved in the post-Premier League era needs to be far more nuanced than it is right now. I don't have all the answers to the almost endless balances that need to negotiated but currently I'd argue those answers are only going to be found by being brave and innovative. I would venture that it may well involve breaking some of the complacent conservatism that's been implied in "The Liverpool Way" and that what this phrase actually means - if anything - is a debate we need to start having as supporters.

Just to pick up on this, as I've made clear in speeches and in bits and pieces of writing, that this new way of going forward has to be almost unique in British terms. The way supporters are treated and involved in the post-Premier League era needs to be far more nuanced than it is right now. I don't have all the answers to the almost endless balances that need to negotiated but currently I'd argue those answers are only going to be found by being brave and innovative. I would venture that it may well involve breaking some of the complacent conservatism that's been implied in "The Liverpool Way" and that what this phrase actually means - if anything - is a debate we need to start having as supporters.

Interesting point. That discussion will need to be very carefully managed in order to avoid the RTK type resentment/misunderstanding.

Very difficult to get a sufficient level of engagement to avoid the accusation of being a self appointed representative body etc

mind you, they aren't likely to say, na rafa is s*** and we want shot of him asap are they? that would just put them in a similar position as the americans, shirley?

the best way they can handle this is to be very yes sir, sure sir, of course sir to the fans? what happens after is a very different ball game.

just a thought like..

I hold you in even higher regard than before after this, damn you!

Well done lad - and I know it's not just you - same to Molby, Evo and everyone else involved (except Ant, who must be really pissed off DIC hold Rafa in such high regard :D)

:thumbs:

mind you, they aren't likely to say, na rafa is s*** and we want shot of him asap are they? that would just put them in a similar position as the americans, shirley?

the best way they can handle this is to be very yes sir, sure sir, of course sir to the fans? what happens after is a very different ball game.

just a thought like..

Ansari has said before how he rates Rafa - they could have been non-committal and diplomatic about it without actually backing or damning him - they chose to speak very favourably - you can't ask for more than that at this stage.

by the way, my business and law degree is a distant memory, but 'a meeting of minds' is a legal term and refers to agreement on a contracts meaning and definition.

:thumbs:

Ansari has said before how he rates Rafa - they could have been non-committal and diplomatic about it without actually backing or damning him - they chose to speak very favourably - you can't ask for more than that at this stage.

If they are going to lie, we are probably f*cked anyway. We can't know for sure until it's too late, but that will hold for any potential buyer

If they are going to lie, we are probably f*cked anyway. We can't know for sure until it's too late, but that will hold for any potential buyer

True, but unlike Hicks, DIC set a lot of store by their reputation.

very true. :)

Best liverpool related post I've read on the Interweb for years.

Good sentiment.

Anyone care to enlighten me and tell me what 'nuanced' means?? Pretty sure it doesn't exist as a word.

Bit like saying 'subtled'??

nu·ance n.1. A subtle or slight degree of difference, as in meaning, feeling, or tone; a gradation.2. Expression or appreciation of subtle shades of meaning, feeling, or tone: a rich artistic performance, full of nuance.[French, from Old French, from nuer, to shade, cloud, from nue, cloud, from Vulgar Latin *nba, from Latin nuprime.gifanced adj.Synonyms: nuance, gradation, shade

These nouns denote a slight variation or differentiation between nearly identical entities: sensitive to delicate nuances of style; gradations of feeling from infatuation to deep affection; subtle shades of meaning.