By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Next time you rotate

Guest Snorky

Then if they are the equivalent which I agree with, why isn't Rafa playing them as regular as SAF is?

Rotation....

Agger is playing regularly, so is Torres, Arbeloa, Mascherano and Reina. That's 6 out of 8. And the other two are young with great potential, bedding in slowly.

Compare with Manu: Nani and Anderson are only playing this much because of 1) Injury (Anderson, and he hasn't played a lot) and 2) suspension and, guess what, rotation (Nani, rotation and suspension of Ronaldo)

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just turning into runny bollix this thread. If we don't get a magic "X" amount of points, sack Rafa ... accepting fourth is equivalent of being a Spurs supporter whereas wanting to swap the manager when things aren't all shiny isn't?

Rafa has just got over the first summer where he had a bit of free reign to purchase the players he really wanted, he notably bought young players (bar the one astute exception) that will take two to three seasons to mature to their full potential. He isn't playing them all, all the time, so sack Rafa. Maybe they haven't gelled - doesn't matter, sack Rafa. Maybe he wants to keep gimps from giving them a hard time if they fail to excel immediately and wants to let them mature without undue pressure? f*** them, sack Rafa.

We don't really know what happens in the club or on the training ground. Exactly, Sack Rafa. Rafa has lost his assistant of eleven years and the effect is still indeterminate but obviously of some significance. Yes, now sack Rafa too.

We get over two difficult fixtures with good results even though in the last we get the dual disaster of losing two of the most important players in the squad, one right at the outset of the game messing up the gameplan entirely. Sack Rafa.

It's pure f***ing madness this.

aye, all is well, playing well, good steady side, challenging for the title every year. woo hoo

I think the opposite, people are more concentrated in trying to convince eachother Rafa is not at fault instead of pointing out what is indeed at fault. You would swear we ourselves where the best team in the world by some people opinions and their in-abilities to criticise, If it isn't Rafa Guys who is or what is causing this poor displays?

What bit of the rest of the post did you not understand?

Agger is playing regularly, so is Torres, Arbeloa, Mascherano and Reina. That's 6 out of 8. And the other two are young with great potential, bedding in slowly.

Compare with Manu: Nani and Anderson are only playing this much because of 1) Injury (Anderson, and he hasn't played a lot) and 2) suspension and, guess what, rotation (Nani, rotation and suspension of Ronaldo)

Torres isnt playing regularly though is he. reina is the keeper, if he starts rotating him we may as well all go home. we have played 10 league games this season, and not a single outfield player has started them all. the team, at times, are playing like a bunch of strangers and we struggle tio string 3 passes together.

Torres isnt playing regularly though is he. reina is the keeper, if he starts rotating him we may as well all go home. we have played 10 league games this season, and not a single outfield player has started them all. the team, at times, are playing like a bunch of strangers and we struggle tio string 3 passes together.

Perhaps the current injuries will offer a more consistent team due to slim pickings?

Thought occured to me this morning. Back in the day, if we started playing badly, we tended to lose (a lot, as it goes). This time around we are struggling and playing crap (not unlike 2002/2003), but NOT losing (unlike that same period).

Why is this not a good thing? Why is this not a sign that we have actually improved?

Edited by Kahnee

well thats exactly how you sound.

It's pathetic to list off all the things that have impacted on the team this season, to want to give a manager some time to develop the talent he has only just purchased, but not pathetic to ignorantly continue to whine away after two good results ... Okay. No sense continuing that conversation.

It's pathetic to list off all the things that have impacted on the team this season, to want to give a manager some time to develop the talent he has only just purchased, but not pathetic to ignorantly continue to whine away after two good results ... Okay. No sense continuing that conversation.

whats he been doing the last 3 seasons then? why wasnt Houllier given time to develop the talent ne bought in 2002? stupid argument.

a draw at home against Arsenal BTW is not a good result, no matter how you dress it up.

Look at the current ManU team. So many new players playing great football. How many of them were playing for ManU when Rafa took over. Evrra, Vidic,Nani,Anderson,Ronaldo? Rooney? Hargreves, Carrick,VDV? Tevez. That's 10 players right there.

mate, explain that post to me cos i don't get it? (btw, i'm not trying to be funny asking this!).. :thumbs:

By that logic Houllier should still be here developing TLT and FSP...

a draw at home against Arsenal BTW is not a good result, no matter how you dress it up.

f***in is when you lose Torres at half time, Alonso mid-way through the second half, Mash (to all intents and purposes) for the final 10/15 mins and team confidence is shot

you could well do

and i'd agree

which is my point when people start trotting out meaningless stats designed only to show positive points.

I don't think this is a good start, i see poor form, poor performances and points dropped against schite teams which is going to cost us over the course of the season. 6/10

Yeah, fair points. I see a start that is not as bad as others have stated - talk of it being a 'disgrace', calling for the manager to go etc, but I can see genuine reasons why our start may be so. I see a start that could have been improved but can see signs that it is improving.

6/10 for me too

mate, explain that post to me cos i don't get it? (btw, i'm not trying to be funny asking this!).. :thumbs:

My point being that most of the current team playing for ManU right now are all as new as our team is yet they all know what they are doing and play a system that suits all the players and where everyone knows what to do. They have old timers in there like Scholes, Giggs, Neville (not even playing) and Ferdinand which we match with our old timers Gerrard, Carra, Finnan, Riise, Hyypia and Kewell.

Yet we look like a bunch of players who have only met in the changing room before certain games.

I have no idea what the real issues are behind closed doors and I don't think many really do and that's the cause of the frustration.

We have a proven manager and great players yet it's not working.

I think the most annoying thing is that there doesn't seem to be a plan. Different formations, different players and inconsistency. That's where we are.

With Ged we had a style. It wasn't pretty but the game plan was obvious to all. Defend deep and never concede and take your chances when they come. Going 1-0 up back then was exciting as you knew it was over. We were a powerhouse of a team with no frills. Granted it had it's limitations and after a while if became obvious that we'd need more than that to mount a challenge but at least you could gauge that team.

Currently I can't gauge this team at all. I don't know if we're a great team playing poorly or a very average team playing ....well, like very average teams do, great, average and crap depending on the day.

Edited by Romario

Yeah, fair points. I see a start that is not as bad as others have stated - talk of it being a 'disgrace', calling for the manager to go etc, but I can see genuine reasons why our start may be so. I see a start that could have been improved but can see signs that it is improving.

6/10 for me too

welcome to the Dark Side

feels good, doesn't it?

6/10 for me too

I agree with Pipnasty

(sorry ;) )