By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Kewell

StevieC

from sky -

Depor name Coloccini price

By Francisco Acedo - Created on 26 Dec 2005

Deportivo La Coruna have slapped a ?6 (£4.1) million price tag on defender Fabrizio Coloccini.

There has been widespread interest in the Argentinean from European and South American clubs, with the player keen for more regular football ahead of the World Cup.

Premiership high-fliers Liverpool remain in the running for Colloccini, with a possible swap deal involving Reds winger Harry Kewell being mooted.

But Deportivo have insisted they want to keep hold of the centre back in the January transfer window.

So I take it you don't believe him then

1128137[/snapback]

I'm not saying he's lying

He is definitely still not 100% fit, Rafa's been very careful with the way he's using him and so he should be

But despite him not being 100% fit, I'm saying he has been playing very very well this season.

I am caught in two minds over Harry. I desperately want him to succeed, but how long will we let it go on before his contract talks come up again? My father in law is a Leeds fan and tells me that he always plays well coming upto contract talks/big matches...as though he has his career plan mapped out in his head.

I do think he is playing well at the moment, but I don't think that he is happy at Anfield. I think it might be in Liverpool's interest to let him go.

:(

Harry has been playing very well. He is beating men, crossing well and has been very unlucky not to score a few this season. Every match he is improving. The biggest problem is he doesn't seem to have the pace any more, but quite often he is beating players with skill giving him enough time to put in a final ball. Problem is when there is a lot of space to the byline it ends up similar to Diouf where he could beat the man easily, but the defender has plenty of time to track back and make a tackle. His pace has definitely gone.

Having said that he is better than any other options we have and unless we bring in a Whackeen then we wouldnt be trading up.

Not like he's playing through the pain barrier every match or anything is it, eh?

I know I shouldn't bite, but sometimes you post some real piffle

1128132[/snapback]

Agreed. No accident that our results and the quality of our football has improved as Kewell's returned.

He's still only 70% of what he can be, but anyone with any experience of watching the game can see what he contributes.

For those who doubt him, ask yourselves why Rafa has Kewell as virtually the first name on his team sheet, even when he's barely fit.

Guest Red Mist
Not like he's playing through the pain barrier every match or anything is it, eh?

I know I shouldn't bite, but sometimes you post some real piffle

1128132[/snapback]

What a lame excuse. If he's not fit to play then he shouldn't play. Harry's excuses have run out. He's been here for several years and in that time I can honestly recall no more than 3 or 4 impressive performances from him. You people are deluding yourselves by suggesting Kewell is playing well - he isn't. A single mazy run and dozens of hopeless crosses into the box does not equate to an impressive performance.

He has until the end of the season to prove his worth, his loyalty and desire to succeed, or else Rafa will flog him to anyone crazy enough to pay a penny for him, or his extortionate wage demands. Maybe Chelsea will bail us out...

What a lame excuse. If he's not fit to play then he shouldn't play. Harry's excuses have run out. He's been here for several years and in that time I can honestly recall no more than 3 or 4 impressive performances from him. You people are deluding yourselves by suggesting Kewell is playing well - he isn't. A single mazy run and dozens of hopeless crosses into the box does not equate to an impressive performance.

He has until the end of the season to prove his worth, his loyalty and desire to succeed, or else Rafa will flog him to anyone crazy enough to pay a penny for him, or his extortionate wage demands. Maybe Chelsea will bail us out...

1129225[/snapback]

oh shut up

I am caught in two minds over Harry. I desperately want him to succeed, but how long will we let it go on before his contract talks come up again? My father in law is a Leeds fan and tells me that he always plays well coming upto contract talks/big matches...as though he has his career plan mapped out in his head.

I do think he is playing well at the moment, but I don't think that he is happy at Anfield. I think it might be in Liverpool's interest to let him go.

:(

1128220[/snapback]

Don't worry, thats just bitter Leeds fans talking, my Dad's the same. Loved him while he was there.

1129225[/snapback]

What the f*** are you on about?