By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Booking multi stop holidays

Dmitch

Looking at heading off on one last big holiday before kids etc etc.,are going to head off to Asia probibilly Thailand via dubi was wondering if you knew of any good companies that deal with these types of trips really need half board hotels and flights all included.

Cheers if you can help!

Opodo

Trailfinders are also very good, but you'll have to phone them or go into one of their travel centres. They actually employ people who have done some travelling, and will often appoint somebody who has been to places you want to travel to deal with your arrangements. They're slightly more expensive than Expedia and Opodo though

Trailfinders are also very good, but you'll have to phone them or go into one of their travel centres. They actually employ people who have done some travelling, and will often appoint somebody who has been to places you want to travel to deal with your arrangements. They're slightly more expensive than Expedia and Opodo though

Yes, I've booked with Trailfinders for a Kenya > Zanzibar > Kenya holiday this year and have been very impressed with their service.

Do it yourself. Book a flight to Bangkok and home, then plan a rough itinerary of the places you want to go. Book the internal flights yourself, they are normally cheap.

yep. and if you use a travel agent in thailand to sort bookings out for you you'll pay double for the lot than you would yourself online. internal flights, transfers, hotels etc.

Had a change of plan going to do Malaysia and finish in Singapore any good beach resorts with enough to keep me busy for a week or so? planning on flying in to Kuala Lumpur stay 3 days then down to a island/beach resort or two for a week - 9 days then from there to Singapore for 3 nights finally back home.

STA are usually good for that kind of thing. Even better if you're 26 or under.

I'd price it up on a couple of sites - Expedia, Opodo and STA - and compare that to booking it all individually yourself online. You might find that a combination of the two is cheaper. When I did a bit of travelling my 'main flights' were cheaper when bought as part of an itinerary through STA - but then it was a lot cheaper to book some of the internal, shorter flights individually.

Edited by Clay Davis

Had a change of plan going to do Malaysia and finish in Singapore any good beach resorts with enough to keep me busy for a week or so? planning on flying in to Kuala Lumpur stay 3 days then down to a island/beach resort or two for a week - 9 days then from there to Singapore for 3 nights finally back home.

Singapore offers pretty much the standard western holiday experience. Sentosa is the main tourist destination and is like any theme park holiday resort you'd find anywhere else in the world. Shopping seems to be the primary holiday activity for most people and to be perfectly honest its like being in a giant shopping centre. There are some pluses. The range and quality of food is excellent, MacRitchie Park is really lovely as are the Botanic Gardens but its biggest attraction from a holidaying point of view is the airport which is the best in the world. Its a great place to leave from rather than stay in.

• 3 weeks later...

Langkawi or Penang in Malaysia is good, or bintan island off the coast of Singapore. Mail me if you need help

I'm looking to do a multi-stop holiday next year.

MAnchaester to Calgary

drive to Vancouver

boat to Seattle

Seattle to Chicago

Chicago to Manchester

Was thinking of doing it with Trailfinders.

Not as complicated as you might think that Cunny. A simple open jaw fare, into Calgary, out of Seattle, with a stopover in Chicago. Ignore the land/sea elements.

BA or American (or a combination fare as they have an agreement) would offer the simplest routing, or even Lufthansa and United (though that'd mean routing via Frankfurt rather than Heathrow or the States on the way out, so a longer journey). You could get an idea of fares using Opodo for that, just put the 3 flight segments you need in the multi stop search engine.

There are sometimes cheaper fares to be had than the published airline tariffs you'll find on opodo, but there's not usually a huge amount in it. Give us a shout if you need any help though.

Car rental is simple enough, and there should be no oneway rental fees on that route, at least there wasn't last time I checked. For the boat journey, are you meaning an overnight Cruise ? There are a couple of lines that do this, so it's an option, but pretty sure there are no direct ferry services, think you'd need to go via Victoria on Vancouver Island, which I guess is worth doing if you fancied taking in Vancouver Island anyway.

I'm looking to do a multi-stop holiday next year.

MAnchaester to Calgary

drive to Vancouver

boat to Seattle

Seattle to Chicago

Chicago to Manchester

Was thinking of doing it with Trailfinders.

The drive from Calgary to Vancouver is fantastic, saw the Northern lights when we drove over the Rockies.

• 5 months later...

A good choice Dan. Despite all the change overs etc. that we had, including luggage storage and transfers between local airports, EVERYTHING ran like clockwork with our holiday. Every step of the way we were met by named individuals who were waiting for us with all the right paper work, vehicles, equipment etc.for whatever we were doing. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

• 2 weeks later...

A good choice Dan. Despite all the change overs etc. that we had, including luggage storage and transfers between local airports, EVERYTHING ran like clockwork with our holiday. Every step of the way we were met by named individuals who were waiting for us with all the right paper work, vehicles, equipment etc.for whatever we were doing. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Cheers mate. I am really looking forward to it now just need to get this pesky wedding out of the way with!

• 6 months later...

Singapore offers pretty much the standard western holiday experience. Sentosa is the main tourist destination and is like any theme park holiday resort you'd find anywhere else in the world. Shopping seems to be the primary holiday activity for most people and to be perfectly honest its like being in a giant shopping centre. There are some pluses. The range and quality of food is excellent, MacRitchie Park is really lovely as are the Botanic Gardens but its biggest attraction from a holidaying point of view is the airport which is the best in the world. Its a great place to leave from rather than stay in.

ok, given we're staying one night in Singapore, which part of the city would it make most sense to stay in?

Specific hotel recommendations welcome