By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

How it should be done

Murphman

Always heard the quote about how football is more important than life or death, but never actually watched the interview. Interesting to note that he was just referring to his own life and his own experiences with football not the sport in general. He says it in almost a regretful way as well, as though it is more of a burden than something to shout about.

The way it is often quoted ignores that.

Thanks for putting that up. What a man. What a passionate drive he had. Very inspiring.

Always heard the quote about how football is more important than life or death, but never actually watched the interview. Interesting to note that he was just referring to his own life and his own experiences with football not the sport in general. He says it in almost a regretful way as well, as though it is more of a burden than something to shout about.

Thanks for putting that up. What a man. What a passionate drive he had. Very inspiring.

Agree. Good to see the quote in context.

A great, great man.

I'm not sure that was the first time he'd used that line though; I think he was repeating something he'd said years before. At least, I usually see it quoted as "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." -- which isn't what he said at the end of that YouTube clip.