By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The great PS3 Love-in

crisps

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GT5 any good then? Heard some bad reviews.

graphically very good and ive been playing it loads however doesnt seem to give you the thrill of racing for the first couple of levels, like your car will either be slower than everyones so you tune it a bit then you leave them for dead... AI is shocking too.

Actually think NFS: Shift 2 will be better

Turns out it was the PS3, took it back and got a replacement, working fine now

bet it looks miles better now!

I'd say the best thing about GT5 now is that there are new races coming out every two (or so) weeks. I was very dissapointed at how short the career was, i was hoping it would actually be a career, rather than individual races where you use a car once then never again.

Anyway the recent patch added the new sets of races, so basically the game will be never ending. There will be constant new race series to do; requiring different cars, different setups, etc and they're actually pretty challenging to get gold on.

GT5 should be better than it is considering how long they spent developing it, and imo the non-premium model cars are pretty shoddy graphics. That said, it's still the best PS3 racing game i'v played so if you like racing games it has to be in the collection.

I'd say the best thing about GT5 now is that there are new races coming out every two (or so) weeks. I was very dissapointed at how short the career was, i was hoping it would actually be a career, rather than individual races where you use a car once then never again.

Anyway the recent patch added the new sets of races, so basically the game will be never ending. There will be constant new race series to do; requiring different cars, different setups, etc and they're actually pretty challenging to get gold on.

GT5 should be better than it is considering how long they spent developing it, and imo the non-premium model cars are pretty shoddy graphics. That said, it's still the best PS3 racing game i'v played so if you like racing games it has to be in the collection.

I think IGN got it right saying its a 5/10 game in a 10/10 Sim!

Once you start getting decent cars it is very good. The gameplay is better than any other racing game I have played.

I was also impressed by the graphics generally, although some backgrounds are a little boring compared to others.

The B-spec championships where you can create other drivers and let them win races while giving them basic instructions like slow down, speed up, overtake etc seems a little pointless although it does unlock some good cars.

In summation the good bits are very good but there are places where the game drags. If you are patient enough to keep going till you start getting the good cars and rewards you will be glad you did that.

The last PES game i played was PES3, Been playing FIFA11 but decided to trade it in for PES2011 due to good reviews! I exchanged after 2 days, it was horrible I cant believe its got that bad!

Realism wise FIFA11 is closed to real football as you can get

Anyway just thought id mention I have pre-ordered Killzone 3, looks awesome! Need a good shooter for my collection.

Trying to stay away from COD:MW games as I dont want to become an addict!

Edited by Owen1978

The last PES game i played was PES3, Been playing FIFA11 but decided to trade it in for PES2011 due to good reviews! I exchanged after 2 days, it was horrible I cant believe its got that bad!

Realism wise FIFA11 is closed to real football as you can get

Anyway just thought id mention I have pre-ordered Killzone 3, looks awesome! Need a good shooter for my collection.

Trying to stay away from COD:MW games as I dont want to become an addict!

Yeh I think PES died around 2006, no idea how they've managed to make it so bad unless it's always been like that FIFA has just got so much better over the last few years!

• 2 weeks later...

You can pick up Darksiders for about 8-9 quid in gamestation and that. If your a fan of god of war you'll love it, gameplay is better than gow but lacks the hugeness of the bosses. puzzles are good & Its feckin huge too. been at it for about 8 hours in total and still only halfway through.

Also picked up Brutal Legend for a fiver & Red Faction Guerilla for the same price.