By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The great PS3 Love-in

crisps

Well after my xbox died again I decided enough was enough and got a ps3, going to get xbox fixed and use both but going to use PS3 for online etc

So whats peoples gamer tags, and anyone on FIFA 11?

Plus what's peoples favourite games? I've sold the wii and hammered ebay in the last 2 weeks gettin pretty much the whole decent PS3 back catalogue!

Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 2, Uncharted 1 and 2, God of War 3, Little Big Planet, Fifa 11, infamous, Burnout Paradise, Fallout 3, Metal Gear 4, Mirrors Edge, Resistance 2 and finally... WWE 2009 (came with it :-/ )

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do some of you have both then? Just don't have time for more than a few games on the Xbox, let alone a whole different console.

Yep. I've always been a Playstation head but got a 360 cos I wanted to check out HD gaming. It's good for Gears, Halo and Forza but I'm mainly on the PS3 now.

almondo84 is my tag!

I like that the PSN is free :)

Consolewise I sold the Wii last week, now have, NES, PS2, PS3, 360, DS, Dreamcast in the house, couple in loft! :wacko:

spent mosta night on newly acquired GT5, really getting into it now after a few hours! Looks amazing at times.

Edited by crisps

I might get one of these, not sure if I will play on it much is the main problem about getting one atm. But I am trying to convince myself I need one.

But I do fancy a few games of PES online V my mates!

Anyways. Whats the difference between them? The slim ones and old ones? What harddrive would you need etc...

I have just seen one on hot uk deals for £150 but am not sure what to buy as there seems to be different ones out?

Is that a good deal?

I've been thinking of doing exactly the same Slappy - been looking round for a while. I get my annual company bonus in January so I might make a grab for it then. Still not convinced that it's better gaming than say an X-Box but I keep being told that the overall package and the picture quality is better with the PS3 than with anything else.

I used to do all my gaming om the PC but never get the chance to sit there for hours these days, If I can play on the telly it won't seem like I'm wasting time in the same way even though it's exactly the same.

www.playstationrewards.co.uk

access key: PLAY.STATION3

theres a 320gb slim there with GT5, FIFA and the move starter pack for 285 delivered, if u dont want the games u cud sell gt for 35, fifa 20 and move for 40 then uve got a top of the range ps3 for 190 :)

if you wasnt keen, with the price u paid - u'd easy get that back

theyre 295 on their own with move pack from play.com

in stock too plus theres a coujple of 250gig and 160gig bundles

-------------------

Iv'e just ordered a 320 gig today so will prob be sellin my 80gig one once new ones arrived and ive transferred data over... but my idea was buy the 320gig, sell all 3 things with is as i already have them and sell my 80gig with a few old games for roughly 17-190 then ive pretty much upgraded for nothing plus i have a shiny new boxed guaranteed one :)

Edited by crisps

www.playstationrewards.co.uk

access key: PLAY.STATION3

theres a 320gb slim there with GT5, FIFA and the move starter pack for 285 delivered, if u dont want the games u cud sell gt for 35, fifa 20 and move for 40 then uve got a top of the range ps3 for 190 :)

if you wasnt keen, with the price u paid - u'd easy get that back

theyre 295 on their own with move pack from play.com

in stock too plus theres a coujple of 250gig and 160gig bundles

-------------------

Iv'e just ordered a 320 gig today so will prob be sellin my 80gig one once new ones arrived and ive transferred data over... but my idea was buy the 320gig, sell all 3 things with is as i already have them and sell my 80gig with a few old games for roughly 17-190 then ive pretty much upgraded for nothing plus i have a shiny new boxed guaranteed one :)

Is that an official Sony site or at least legit? Want to order a ps3 off that but don't want to get ripped off!