By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Dalglish chants next Saturday - we need them to be louder than ever

Iver

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can some one calculate how many away fixtures the man has won in his 35 years of management ?no more than 35 I think and make a banner for the match on saturday

Roy Hodgson has been manager for 105 away games in English football. He has only won 13 of those games.

So in 105 away games in English football, Hodgson has won the same amount as Liverpool won in just 19 games in 2008/09 (13)

c/o paul tomkins, twitter

And how else do the fans get their point across?

The media are protecting him left right and centre.

You are preaching to the choir, doesn't mean I like it or feel good about it. The sooner we can move on and get back to what we are good at the better.

The thing with Hodgson is that he is being protected by the media at large. Some criticisms are getting through, but if this was last season we wouldn't be able to move for the media stories that were gleefully sticking the boot into us. The reason for this is because the manager is English. Not because he's Roy Hodgson with 35 years of experience, but because he is English, he talks to the media, is mates with the journalists and they simply refuse to stick the boot in with the glee they did to a foreign manager who wasn't overly fussed about what they had to say. Hodgson is completely out of his depth, but he's not going to become the next big target for the sacking race because Man City are struggling a bit and they're managed by a non-Englishman.

It's laughable. He has to go before he f***s up any more.

And how else do the fans get their point across?

The media are protecting him left right and centre.

Is that Sunday Supplement still on the telly ? Anywhere online to watch it ? Could do with a laugh and to educate myself on the lies these bellends are spreading.

Is that Sunday Supplement still on the telly ? Anywhere online to watch it ? Could do with a laugh and to educate myself on the lies these bellends are spreading.

It's still on, haven't seen it for months but they show clips on SSN a lot. in fact i'm sure Oli Holt was on there protecting him this weekend now I think about it.

When are they going to call into question his tactics? Because that's our f***ing problem.

Roy Hodgson has been manager for 105 away games in English football. He has only won 13 of those games.

So in 105 away games in English football, Hodgson has won the same amount as Liverpool won in just 19 games in 2008/09 (13)

c/o paul tomkins, twitter

Holy. Sh*t.

Perhaps we're actually in Inception and RH being in charge of us is all some mad Manc's wet dream.

The thing with Hodgson is that he is being protected by the media at large. Some criticisms are getting through, but if this was last season we wouldn't be able to move for the media stories that were gleefully sticking the boot into us. The reason for this is because the manager is English. Not because he's Roy Hodgson with 35 years of experience, but because he is English, he talks to the media, is mates with the journalists and they simply refuse to stick the boot in with the glee they did to a foreign manager who wasn't overly fussed about what they had to say. Hodgson is completely out of his depth, but he's not going to become the next big target for the sacking race because Man City are struggling a bit and they're managed by a non-Englishman.

I said exactly the same to the missus last week (she was thrilled by that particular turn in the converstion....) Citeh go three games without a win and they are 'crisis torn' and Mancini is 'under pressure'. Hodgson at the time was 10 places behind with half the number of points but there was only one name associated with a big club being called into question. Having said that, the way Chelsea are going at the moment, Ancellotti may be ahead of RFH in the queue as well.

It's really quite insidious how insular and xenophobic they are. Especially when it protects s**** like Hodgson.

Probably a lot of truth in that. Long been a cry about English guys not getting a go at the big jobs. There is also the received wisdom that Hodgson is a good manager and will get it right. If you ask anyone to articulate what he'll get right, or what he's trying to achieve, they cant and it will move on to needing better players, then when asked to explain how it's fallen again from where they were and it's about his own players, it will eventually come down to not being the NESV man or if it goes that long, having to deal with Comoli's players.

I said exactly the same to the missus last week (she was thrilled by that particular turn in the converstion....) Citeh go three games without a win and they are 'crisis torn' and Mancini is 'under pressure'. Hodgson at the time was 10 places behind with half the number of points but there was only one name associated with a big club being called into question. Having said that, the way Chelsea are going at the moment, Ancellotti may be ahead of RFH in the queue as well.

It's really quite insidious how insular and xenophobic they are. Especially when it protects s**** like Hodgson.

the English press have always done that. its even worse for teh national team. England Vs Germany in the world cup, as the game starts the commentator genuinely asks how many Germans would get into the England team. well, i could think of about 8 straight away. they really are about 10 years behind in their football thinking, and its this reason why top clubs seek foreign managers.

Hopefully Engerlund get beat midweek and we chant Hodgson for England at the weekend

I'd approach Capello if he was available. Despite the shambles of the World Cup he is still a world class manager.

The media would be on his back worse than they were with Rafa though and his contract would be pretty epic.