By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

cheapest place in the world to get diamonds..

madaboutlfc

The current Mrs m got a good deal in cape town on diamond earrings.

what were the sizes of the stone and how much did it cost.. ill be going to Joburg in December via Dubai and then onto New York. I would assume South Africa would have the cheapest..

antwerp

I assume you know what you're looking for in terms of the 3 Cs

yeah i heard Belgium is the place for diamonds but even cheaper than South Africa.. An Indian business partner I spoke to said its cheap in New Delhi as well. However, I know f all about jewelry. Went to a couple diamond shops here in karachi and the prices for same stuff differed in both the shops. Anyway is this cheaper than normal or fairly priced http://www.thediamondstore.co.uk/Drop-Earrings-246CT-Diamond-18KW-P10765C30.cfm

Before they got rid of Duty Free I bought some very very cheap at Schipol airport and errrrr, ummmm, walked through the blue aisle at Heathrow.

Allegedly.

Holland is the place for diamonds, not Belgium. Think about it, South African mines, who owns them?

http://www.holland.com/uk/cities/amsterdam/attractions/diamonds.jsp

Edited by ManxRed

what were the sizes of the stone and how much did it cost.. ill be going to Joburg in December via Dubai and then onto New York. I would assume South Africa would have the cheapest..

Don't know the weight but she paid around £700, this was in the late 90's so I don't what the equivalent cost would be now. I'll ask her later for the details. She haggled for a cash price too.