Stevie H

tonight's movie choice. . .

trailer looks really good doesn't it? think that may win the vote tonight. though i am starting to tire a little of hoppipolla being used to give any movie or tv show emotional gravitas while still being down to earth etc.

will let you know.

Never seen the English translation before. Rubber boots?

(Icelandic first, Murph)

Brosandi Smiling

Hendumst í hringi Spinning round and round

Höldumst í hendur Holding hands

Allur heimurinn óskýr The whole world a blur

nema þú stendur But you are standing

Rennblautur Soaked

Allur rennvotur Completely drenched

Engin gúmmístígvél No rubber boots

Hlaupandi inni í okkur Running inside us

Vill springa út úr skel Want to erupt from a shell

Vindurinn The Wind

og útilykt af hárinu þínu An outdoor smell of your hair

Ég anda eins fast og ég get I breathe as hard as I can

með nefinu mínu with my nose

Hoppípolla Jump into puddles

Í engum stígvélum With no boots on

Allur rennvotur(Rennblautur) completely drenched(Soaked)

Í engum stígvélum With no boots on

Og ég fæ blóðnasir And I get a nosebleed

En ég stend alltaf upp but I always stand up

Og ég fæ blóðnasir And I get a nosebleed

En ég stend alltaf upp but I always stand up

Edited by DanielS

its just trying too hard to be American Pie, without any originality or homour

JUST like American Pie then.

American pie made me laugh a lot at the time, Stiffler was a great character, as the awkward talks Jim had with dad, it also taught us what a MILF is

Not fair. American Pie was quite a decent film. It ended the era of Porky's style mindless pursuit of sex with no real point and heralded a new era of teenagers with actual thoughts and feelings in the comedic pursuit of sex. The sequels were dire, but the original was a real genre changing event.

P.S Yes, PseudsRUs are having a special on this month.

The sequels were dire, but the original was a real genre changing event.

Taught us a valuable lesson about the versatility of the flute as well

I watched Frost/Nixon today and it was terrific.

Another on my 'will try and get to the cinema to see' list

But so was Changling, and nowt happened there :rolleyes:

Slumdog Millionaire is getting a lot of good press, and the trailers look excellent

Downloaded the movie a couple of days back but only got round to watching it today. I quite liked it but was disappointed on a couple of things. The presentation of those dialogues reminded me of my school plays and it was a tad amateurish and devoid of vocal expression... well by everyone bar Anil Kapoor actually, who was brilliant. The movie also just touched on some stereotypes...the usual jump from poverty to class differentiation to fraud to theft to prostitution to murder as the movie moved on which was a shame as well. You could catch Jamal's Brit accent from a mile away which was another down side. I understand that its tough to portray a vernacular movie in another language but atleast get characters who can speak the original 'properly' (indian/mumbai type) and even his hindi was accented.

Still, it was a good movie which was put forward well and something worth spending some time on, not a bore from any stretch of imagination.

Saw Astrayya yesterday and found it to be good. Started off well enough but slowed down tremendously to the end. Liked it though.

Definitely go and see it, it's very very good.

But if I do, and you're right, we'll be agreeing again...

I don't care if you agree with me. I talk a lot of good sense so it's almost inevitable.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Gran Torino is excellent. Clints last film in front of the camera, very good. A bit sentimental, but very funny in parts and dramatic in others.

Cracking film, which is more than i can say for Seven Pounds.

It's from the guy who did The Pursuit Of Happyness - what did you expect?

whats his secret in that film ?

I'm not going to pay to watch it so it would be helpful if you would tell us what its about.

whats his secret in that film ?

I'm not going to pay to watch it so it would be helpful if you would tell us what its about.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
he crashed the car, killing his wife and 6 others, and so is making 7 other lives better off to balance it out

watched uncle buck tonight!! was good.!

will be trying to see slumdog on Monday - assuming my teen can tear herself away from her hectic social life long enough to babysit the little un's.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
he crashed the car, killing his wife and 6 others, and so is making 7 other lives better off to balance it out

!pukesmiley!

Watched Pineapple Express last night, good honest stoner fun - six/ten

you know that disco/nightclub fire that happened out there stevie? well it came on the radio and i was saying to the wife i know a bloke whose out there at the minute and hopefully he was involved in it and his name on the forum is StevieH, at that moment they then interviewed a brit tourist caught up in it and his name was Stevie Hall...for a split scecond i thought f*** me whats the chances of that, then i remembered thats not your surname....pity.

To be honest I had very similar thoughts when I read the Beeb online article (but was hoping he wasn't involved OM you Manc **** ;)). Ran to here and was glad to see he was posting so I knew he was OK.

Don't know Stevies surname (despite the fact I probably served the drunken lout when he was at Uni) so I had to check.

Watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. Its the first time I've seen cinema work as magic realism in quite that way. Its visually stunning, the performances of the kids in particular are wonderful, and it tells what is a very simple love story in a really interesting way. Any movie that can start with a guy getting tortured and end with him performing in a bollywood musical number and not seem forced has to be the work of a really well written script, great direction an exceptional editing.

Maybe the accents aren't perfect, and I get how that can grate having listened to Tom Cruise's memorable one in Home and Away, but will the vast majority of the audience know or really care?

Watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. Its the first time I've seen cinema work as magic realism in quite that way. Its visually stunning, the performances of the kids in particular are wonderful, and it tells what is a very simple love story in a really interesting way. Any movie that can start with a guy getting tortured and end with him performing in a bollywood musical number and not seem forced has to be the work of a really well written script, great direction an exceptional editing.

Totally agree - kept us gripped from start to finish

Maybe the accents aren't perfect, and I get how that can grate having listened to Tom Cruise's memorable one in Home and Away, but will the vast majority of the audience know or really care?

Doubt it to be honest. Given the other impausabilities (answers to questions for example), the accents are minor - but the strength of the story, the performances and the drama just sweep you along. A stunning film

Just watched The Dark Knight, it was really good.

Didn't have as much of an issue with THE VOICE as others did.

Ledger was class.

Edited by Paul Caruso