By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

What's the latest regarding

Guest Snorky

Yeah - if you are a supporter of Liverpool Football club and its future

From the little I've seen of him he hasn't shown enough potential to suggest he will turn out to be a top player. Hope I am proved wrong, though.

seems like reira wants out.

from setanta

Albert Riera has given encouragement to his Premier League suitors by outlining his disillusionment at the treatment of Espanyol's team by the club’s supporters.

Riera, a target for both Liverpool and Blackburn, criticised fans who at Espanyol’s final game of the season on Sunday unfurled banners questioning the players’ commitment following the team’s failure to qualify for Europe.

Riera said: “I don’t want to be at a club where the supporters have no love for the players, or where it depends on whether the team qualifies for Europe or not."

The Spain international, still reeling from his omission by Luis Aragones for the squad to take part in this summer’s European Championship, spent a spell on loan at Manchester City at the end of the 2005-06 campaign and has been tipped for a return to England.

However Espanyol’s sporting director Paco Herrera maintains that Riera would only be allowed to leave if a bidding club meets the €20 million (£16 million) release clause in the 26-year-old’s contract.

Herrera said: “If he says he is going to go then he has more information than his own club, he would know that there is an interested club who will pay the amount of money needed."

Guest Snorky
If we haven't been able to play him because of his passport - how come we were able to at the start of the season? Or did we field an ineligable player?

Answers on a postcard to:

Leto - Where is he now competition.

Coco

LFC

I like Leto

Was very impressed with him and when he played did not do any worse than most of the left sided players this season.

If we haven't been able to play him because of his passport - how come we were able to at the start of the season? Or did we field an ineligable player?

According to a poster on another forum, his passport/visa came up for review and somewhere, somebody found a problem in 'the non-british' end of his paperwork. That's being sorted but he won't be clear to play again (for us) until July. No idea how accurate that is or exactly what the problem was supposed to be.