By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ronaldos Goal Tally

I think he scored about 14 goals from pens or free kicks.

He also had 109 shots on goal compared to 65 for Rooney and 63 for Gerrard.

He played 45 games in total with 3 as sub. Torres played 45 with 4 of those being as sub.

Edited by R A Softlad

Guest 70400

3 goals from penalties in the Premiership against Derby County, Everton and Arsenal.

1 goal in CL against Kyiv

1 in FA against Spurs

are they lumped together because his free kicks are so good its basically like having a penalty...or is it something else?

Its because torres doesn't take penalties or free kicks and people are obsessed with comparing the two! Gerrard scored a few this season from free kicks and penalties too

I've been wondering (never an encouraging sign) - How many defenders now back away from him in the penalty area knowing full well he'll collapse at the slightest touch, moreso than any other player in the Prem. Thus giving him a little more room to score than your average player??

Just a thought.

I've been wondering (never an encouraging sign) - How many defenders now back away from him in the penalty area knowing full well he'll collapse at the slightest touch, moreso than any other player in the Prem. Thus giving him a little more room to score than your average player??

Just a thought.

The dirty b*****d

I hope the whole Liverpool squad does it more as well then.

Guest Anders Honoré
I've found acknowledging him as a modern great makes it much easier to deal with him btw

That particular thought makes me want to be violent. If he does it for another three seasons it will still be a five year flash in the pan for me. I long for the days when we could compare him to Diouf and say stuff like 'garcia has more end product'.

Edited by Anders Honoré

What the f*** has he done to be called a modern great in empirical terms? f***ing Jesus piss.

I think he's a great player in the modern game. If he stays with Man United for a period of time, I believe (unfortunately) that he will have done everything required to be considered a 'modern great'

I think he's a great player in the modern game. If he stays with Man United for a period of time, I believe (unfortunately) that he will have done everything required to be considered a 'modern great'

shame he's such an enormous cheat

The way he throws his arms in the air and gesticulates after a player even touches him is ridiculous.

A genuine player like Messi doesn't dive, doesn't complain, doesn't throw his arms in the air after every single foul and try to referee the game himself.

Messi is the best player in the world at the minute. Ronaldo's total contribution in the entire semi-final was to bottle a penalty and then dive a lot in an effort to win another.

The way he throws his arms in the air and gesticulates after a player even touches him is ridiculous.

A genuine player like Messi doesn't dive, doesn't complain, doesn't throw his arms in the air after every single foul and try to referee the game himself.

Messi is the best player in the world at the minute. Ronaldo's total contribution in the entire semi-final was to bottle a penalty and then dive a lot in an effort to win another.

And what was Messi's contribution over the same tie? Its not his fault, but Messi has never stayed fit long enough to be put in that bracket. I think he could be a far superior player, but for end product, Ronaldo is pretty much untouchable at the moment, despite his faults.

best player over both games despite only just coming back from injury, not his fault his team-mates weren't up to the task

As you Scousers were only too keen to point out at the time of our collapse, you dont win anything for artistic merit!

As you Scousers were only too keen to point out at the time of our collapse, you dont win anything for artistic merit!

and Ronaldo won feck all for diving in that game either

not really the point though, is it?

What the f*** has he done to be called a modern great in empirical terms? f***ing Jesus piss.

Churlish to deny it. He's won them the league twice successively, scored a fair few for Portugal and is currently the best player on the planet

I've dealt with it and moved on.

Churlish to deny it. He's won them the league twice successively, scored a fair few for Portugal and is currently the best player on the planet

I've dealt with it and moved on.

Aye if Cantona is credited with winning a league title for his performances then you sure as hell have to give Ronaldo the last two years. Time and again, he's won matches or got a point when a defeat was more likely. Ironically, this season, he's done less match winning and Tevez has been popping up with the crucial goals.

Definitely a modern great, he needs to take Portugal to a major final now to make the next step up. Different class of player though.