By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Who leaked the Barry story to the press?

I do not like Villa and I do not like the city of Birmingham. However I like and respect Martin O'Neill as a man and as a manager. He is mightily pissed off because two games before the end of the season we have unsettled his best player and potentially several of our own players with an offer.

As he said, and I FULLY agree with him - "It's certainly not the way that the Liverpool of old conducted business" .

As someone else said on here the transfer business should be completed in private and we should only be certain of a signing when he appears in the red shirt.

You can say what you like about O'Neill only being angry because he has lost his best player etc etc but I think a. It's not right to leak such an offer especially when it's a player exchange deal and b. Representative of a regime (ie. Hicks and Gillette) who have no idea how to run an English football club.

Embarrassment after embarrassment, lie after lie. sooner they are gone the better.

I do not like Villa and I do not like the city of Birmingham. However I like and respect Martin O'Neill as a man and as a manager. He is mightily pissed off because two games before the end of the season we have unsettled his best player and potentially several of our own players with an offer.

As he said, and I FULLY agree with him - "It's certainly not the way that the Liverpool of old conducted business" .

As someone else said on here the transfer business should be completed in private and we should only be certain of a signing when he appears in the red shirt.

You can say what you like about O'Neill only being angry because he has lost his best player etc etc but I think a. It's not right to leak such an offer especially when it's a player exchange deal and b. Representative of a regime (ie. Hicks and Gillette) who have no idea how to run an English football club.

Embarrassment after embarrassment, lie after lie. sooner they are gone the better.

And if it came from Rafa? :unsure:

Guest Toxteth O'Grady

Is this a pisstake?

Ignoring the fact that it was Parry, he of Liverpool old, who faxed the offer, did Old Liverpool never make any official offers during the season before? And did they control everything the media printed?

If it was a leak it wasnt a very good one, considering Echo said it was a cash bid and we offered players only.

O'Neil just saw his a*** because he's knows he's losing one of his better players, and it was he who made the offer public.

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

Guest Toxteth O'Grady
And why are we putting bids in for players before the season has ended?

To satisfy the hoardes of impatient transfer freaks who constantly complain about how slow we are in the transfer market?

There are so many options here, it's fair to say that nobody has a clue. Say Rafa want's a player? He then mentions it to Hicks in order to see if it can be progressed. Hicks doesn't want to be seen to block anything as it will threaten his position, so he says ok. He then leaks it, thereby scuppering it and causing Parry problems.

Of course, Rafa knows this, so he may not want the player in the first place. He may just be trying to flush things out into the open, as he would not want to show his hand yet and lose any real targets. Surely he knows that the current situation makes it very difficult to pursue any real targets?

So firstly, Rafa wants to clarify matters before the window opens, otherwise, he may lose his transfer targets. Secondly, any "working" problems may be useful as evidence in court against Hicks.

And why are we putting bids in for players before the season has ended? and why is the offer by Parry but signed in someone elses name?

Do you really think all transfer business is done only during the transfer window? Naive doesn't begin to describe that.

Is this a pisstake?

Ignoring the fact that it was Parry, he of Liverpool old, who faxed the offer, did Old Liverpool never make any official offers during the season before? And did they control everything the media printed?

If it was a leak it wasnt a very good one, considering Echo said it was a cash bid and we offered players only.

O'Neil just saw his a*** because he's knows he's losing one of his better players, and it was he who made the offer public.

To be fair, I, and a number of mates I was chatting to today about this, only know anything about this because of O'Neill's rant, not anything Liverpool did.

Always makes me laugh this carry on. Bigger club makes offer, other manager gets the hump, says that player will not be leaving, but you just know that if bigger club really want player, the deal will be done.

Do you really think all transfer business is done only during the transfer window? Naive doesn't begin to describe that.

The tapping up part probably doesn't no, but I cant remember the last time we put we put a bid in for someone before the season ended, if someone can mention it I would be grateful. If come August Rafa has got his number 1 targets quickly I wont be complaining mind.

The tapping up part probably doesn't no, but I cant remember the last time we put we put a bid in for someone before the season ended, if someone can mention it I would be grateful. If come August Rafa has got his number 1 targets quickly I wont be complaining mind.

I guess the reality is that your season is now over - why not steal a march and get your shopping done before the queues build at the checkouts? Think most managers will be keen to buy before the Euros begin - players prices dont tend to decrease as a result of these tournaments.

I guess the reality is that your season is now over - why not steal a march and get your shopping done before the queues build at the checkouts? Think most managers will be keen to buy before the Euros begin - players prices dont tend to decrease as a result of these tournaments.

I agree, and I'm not complaining about the quick bid either, I'm just assuming that the quickness is probably more of Hicks playing the good guy rather then us getting our act together off the field. muleskinner seems to think I'm naive but I'm well aware of how transfer work thank you.

The Echo reported it then that fool MON publically confirms and states all the details. We're clearly in the wrong here , not like newspapers always claim teams are signing players.

Is Mark Hughes going to come out and attack us over Bentleys name continually being linked with us?

I agree, and I'm not complaining about the quick bid either, I'm just assuming that the quickness is probably more of Hicks playing the good guy rather then us getting our act together off the field. muleskinner seems to think I'm naive but I'm well aware of how transfer work thank you.

I doubt that the top men at a club do much more than vote yay or nay to releasing the funds. Anything like this would, I assume, be initiated by the manager.

Yet you ask why we are putting bids in for players before the season has ended.

The thing that gets me is the unspoken rule of slagging us off in the broadcast media, while the printed media is all over us like a bad suit when it comes to rumours of who we might buy. And since when did the papers ever demur to any kind of "gentleman's agreement" that these things shouldn't be discussed in public until the close-season?

As for any central midfielder being a bad replacement for Alonso, I think its more or less accepted that he will be sold this summer anyway.

I respect O'Neill too, but when it boils down to it, he's not our manager, so who cares?

Yet you ask why we are putting bids in for players before the season has ended.

Yes why as in the current climate, G&H are meant to be split, I would of though our business this summer would be the same as most other Summers.

Yes why as in the current climate, G&H are meant to be split, I would of though our business this summer would be the same as most other Summers.

The club, as a business, has a CEO, who runs the business to whatever degree he is authorised by the owners and the board.