By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Djibril Cisse

CaptainXabi

He is a right winger/wing back

Owen is exactly the type of player we should be replacing Ciise with

David Villa is a striker (and a left footed one at that) dont think we could sign him but thats the type of player we need. Im sure Rafa already has some targets lined up we know hes been keen to move Cisse out for a while.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct.

Cisse should never wear a Liverpool shirt again unless it's on holiday on the beach and he's paid forty odd f***ing quid for it.

He's a lazy, selfish player who gives us one good game in five. If he'd have been on his feet instead of laying on the ground he would have been ready for the rebound off Van der Sar. Instead, he wanted to lay there and sulk, well f*** off and sulk all the way back to France you s***bag.

As bad as Meelan was 'off the pitch' with his Barcelona/Real Madrid want me crap, atleast he gave it 100% on it.

It's a shame Morientes can't seem to find his feet...

It's enough. He must go now. Ok he did a good game against the bluenoses, and so ? How many f****** games did he play like a first division player ?

Too many. We need a decent striker.

Please Rafa, let him go to Marseille. Or to Hell.

Edited by jlb21

How many of you HONESTLY thought his inclusion in the starting lineup was a mistake today before kickoff?

Nando and Crouch are our best partnership I've said this all along, although I take your point as his inclusion wasn't a major issue at the time for me.

He has burnt his last bridge though now for me.

How many of you HONESTLY thought his inclusion in the starting lineup was a mistake today before kickoff?

I didn't.

I just don't rate Cisse.

He should've taken up athletics or something. He's an athelete first, t*** second, and footballer last. (The 't***' second might be a bit of a knee jerk comment)

Guest Red Mist

I thought it was a mistake to have Cisse starting the game. Power and pace is not very effective against a defender like Ferdinand. Cisse is an opponent he's suited for. We needed someone more tricky and intelligent to get around the smackhead. Either Moro or Sinama would have been more effective. And neither would have missed that p!ss easy chance that fell to Cisse.

I thought it was a mistake to have Cisse starting the game. Power and pace is not very effective against a defender like Ferdinand. Cisse is an opponent he's suited for. We needed someone more tricky and intelligent to get around the smackhead. Either Moro or Sinama would have been more effective. And neither would have missed that p!ss easy chance that fell to Cisse.

He was given offside anyway

I thought his pace was a good thing and he was the right choice. Of course had he been assed to use his pace then that would have been ok.

It wasn't offside, the lino was signalling for a goal kick. Look at the reply (if you dare) and he was not offside.

Guest Red Mist

I think the ref might have allowed it. Cisse was not offside, how could he be? Wasn't Rio playing him on at the time?

personally i believe the "bring back owen" thinking is all wrong. it's putting a bad result before proper consideration of our performance. i accept a lethal goalscorer might have tipped the balance today, but i don't think he'd have changed the quality of the performance in the final third.

other than crouch and alonso i thought what we lacked more than anything was composure on the ball, particularily at the back and with cisse up front . while owen might have turned one chance into a result i don't think it's unreasonable with the foundations we are now building to expect this side to evolve into something more than a hit-and-run outfit.

if anything, i'd like to see a different kind of forward player brought in: a creative, ball running threat in the rooney or giggs mould. they were the real stand out performers today, and probably the only real element of the game in which they held the edge over us.

if anything, i'd like to see a different kind of forward player brought in: a creative, ball running threat in the rooney or giggs mould. they were the real stand out performers today, and probably the only real element of the game in which they held the edge over us.

The only strikers that come to mind at present that would fit into our style are the below.

Berbatov

Kuyt

Bojinov