Sign in to follow this  
charlie clown

Murder

We have virtually no neighbours. Immediately next door to us is the vicarage where Mr & Mrs Vicar live, On the other side, about 80 yards down the road, the next nearest house is the first of a group of sheltered accommodation type bungalows. Found out this afternoon that the fella who lived in that house was murdered in there on Sunday night. He was a bloke I've known since I was a nipper as he lived next door but one to me when I was about 7-12. He was about three years older than me but was never one of those older kids that you felt threatened by, he was just a genuinely lovely lad. Brilliant footballer and the only lad I knew in the 70s who would happily go on a dancefloor and do the full-on northern soul dancing on his own. Took some bottle doing that. Although we've lived so close for the past three years we've only been on a nodding acquaintance basis even though we go back years but I left him to it as we've both moved on and he has his own life, but he would still stop for a chat now and again. So I'm in a bit of shock at the moment. What his poor daughter must be going through at the moment, I've no idea. What a horrible, horrible thing. RIP Mark. You deserved  and a better and longer life than that. 

Nothing so far The local rag is reporting that it was originally assumed by police to have been unsuspicious but SOCOs have been in there for the last 24 hour and the post mortem confirmed this morning that it was murder.

Man, that sucks. I’ve been exposed to a few of those in my life. The reaction is totally different to a natural cause death. I just kept wondering what it was like in their last few seconds. The thought is horrible.

Do they have leads?

Mrs.C just told me that the police have been round and questioned her and they want to speak to me as well (likely tonight). Not sure there's a lot we can tell them apart from Friday night we heard a woman going mental on the street outside in the early hours... whether that's relevant or not I don't know but its obviously something we will need to mention. 

Police have been all over our property this weekend. Two different forensic searches in case weapons/keys/phones had been pitched over the fence/wall/hedge. They've had drones flying over doing surveys and we've had three different police in the house doing questions and stuff. Still no idea at any detailed level what's supposed to have happened to him though...

Police have been all over our property this weekend. Two different forensic searches in case weapons/keys/phones had been pitched over the fence/wall/hedge. They've had drones flying over doing surveys and we've had three different police in the house doing questions and stuff. Still no idea at any detailed level what's supposed to have happened to him though...

You didn’t do it, right?

We have virtually no neighbours. Immediately next door to us is the vicarage where Mr & Mrs Vicar live, On the other side, about 80 yards down the road, the next nearest house is the first of a group of sheltered accommodation type bungalows. Found out this afternoon that the fella who lived in that house was murdered in there on Sunday night.

Reads like a plot from Midsomer Murders.

Awful stuff and obviously hope the perpetrator is caught soon. Has this made the print media?

Reads like a plot from Midsomer Murders.

Awful stuff and obviously hope the perpetrator is caught soon. Has this made the print media?

Barely. Its been subject to some low-level reporting in a few local papers but nothing more than that as far as I can see. I was expecting it go a bit ballistic as it was actually on the same road as the Gary Newlove murder a few years back but not even that tabloid-y angle seems to have them interested. Maybe the police have just asked them to keep it low-key.