Sign in to follow this  
Molby

Vinyl

CC I've still got all of the vinyl for you. The only one you can't have is my Sex Pistols ones and Jr. Walker and the All-Stars.

I'd forgotten about that. How do we fix this?

You've got enough, My suggestion is that NYR gets one of his employees to box it all up and send it to me

I pay for the costs obv

Then we have a Skype session

Or a face to face, depending on who's travelling to Liverpool or Warrington or wherever

And we divvy it up

Ok?

Cheers

Ha! Nice try Mr. Clown. It was Cymrococh. If he bails out, then they are yours. You've got to meet me for them though. It's easy for Cymro.

Keep thinking this is about that s*** HBO series.

Might have known

Do not post your opinions about HBO series on this forum again

Ha! Nice try Mr. Clown. It was Cymrococh. If he bails out, then they are yours. You've got to meet me for them though. It's easy for Cymro.

Great, well, when Sion's picked out the soundtracks, I'll have next dibs and then Molb can have the res 

Edited by charlie clown

I got Cass McCombs new one Mangy Love, sounds beautiful. Also picked up a copy of Labour of Lust by Nick Lowe at an Xmas market dead cheap and in great condition.

I'm not a vinyl evangelist or a sound buff but am long indoctrinated, just love the format and it's rituals

CC. I'll be back on Feb 2nd for five days. I'm sorting everything out at the house. Any chance you are in Cardiff around that time? We can meet and I'll give the vinyl to you.

I reckon people should have to pay it forward

Since Cym is getting the best deal it should be incumbent on him to pack what's left and mail it to CC

who then does the same and repeats the process mailing the rest to me

I'm looking to upgrade my system having recently started back into vinyl. I have a decent turntable but am just using an old surround sound amp and some even older speakers. I want to upgrade both but can't afford to do it at once.

Which will give me the most immediate upgrade until I can but the other? A new amp or quality speakers?

CC. I'll be back on Feb 2nd for five days. I'm sorting everything out at the house. Any chance you are in Cardiff around that time? We can meet and I'll give the vinyl to you.

We should be able to sort something out, cheers.

I'm looking to upgrade my system having recently started back into vinyl. I have a decent turntable but am just using an old surround sound amp and some even older speakers. I want to upgrade both but can't afford to do it at once.

Which will give me the most immediate upgrade until I can but the other? A new amp or quality speakers?

Amp and some decent quality interconnects to start with.

We should be able to sort something out, cheers.

That's a holding statement

He's just trying to buy time

Let's not fall for it lads

We deserve better

That would be perfect for me, cheers man.

I'm telling you now..... he's getting away with murder

You b*stards are so competitive with each other. I may just come up to a match in the spring and fling the records around the Kop like frisbees.

Or maybe I'll give them to Murph to play on his hand-cranked gramophone.

Throw a bit of high end hi-fi my way and we can talk

You wouldn't believe how much Molby was bad mouthing you when I met him to hand it over. He was chuckling and saying "Cymro is a w*nker and a pillock" etc. It was terrible.

I'd start off even more simply and just properly stabilise the deck and speakers. That will make a significant difference in itself.

Making sure your turntable is on a fixed base (not sat on anything that can pick up vibrations from people walking on the floor and yes that includes hi-fi cabinets) - ideally they should be fixed to a wall mounted plinth. And speakers will work best if they are spiked to the floor. You can buy stabilising, stick-on spikes at hi-fi shops to do that job. They are really simple things to do but for an outlay of about £30 you can boost the sound quality of even a basic hi-fi arrangement without having to upgrade.

To each according to his need....