By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Two things:

What is with this barely having the ball on the arc? Most of the time it looks like it isn't on the line at all. What is the rule?

Second. Is it my imagination or do we seem to be better at taking corners lately? We seem to be attacking the ball well now.

Two things:

What is with this barely having the ball on the arc? Most of the time it looks like it isn't on the line at all. What is the rule?

Second. Is it my imagination or do we seem to be better at taking corners lately? We seem to be attacking the ball well now.

if you have it barely on the arc its less likely to swing out of play

if you have it barely on the arc its less likely to swing out of play

I get that, but it really seems like it is getting ridiculous. I've seen corners taken with the bottom of the ball inches from the arc.

The bottom of the ball should be in contact with the white arc IMO.

The ball just has to be in the arc - on the line is in, so any part of the ball has to be over any part of the line, it doesn't need to be touching the line.

They should.

But I agree, they wouldn't.

They'd let it go that far over the goal line without awarding a goal.

Interesting one that. In "Once in a Lifetime - The Story of the New York Cosmos", seen recently, you get a shot of the Geoff Hurst 1966 World Cup Final "goal". It's a zoom from a camera probably level with halfway line. When the ball comes down off the crossbar, you can clearly see all of the goal line as it bounces - just like you can see all of the arc when Milner meticulously places the ball to take a corner.

But the helicopter/hawkeye view sees all of the ball over all of the line yes/no.

Are there potential issues in tennis? Can hawkeye show part of the ball on the line when the part of the ball that bounced (and made a mark on clay) was actually outside?

Are there potential issues in tennis? Can hawkeye show part of the ball on the line when the part of the ball that bounced (and made a mark on clay) was actually outside?

With tennis the rule is that the ball has to touch the line to be in court so this is not an issue.. no mention of the whole of the ball being over the line