By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Russell Brand on news night

jimbolala

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is a very eloquent man, becoming increasingly impressive each time I hear him. Wasn't my cup of tea as a stand up but his worldview is hard to disagree with.

Yeah same with me. Love hearing him speak about such things.

Him evisocrating those idiot American presenters was excellent too.

The one thing I disagree with there is that, sadly, I don't think a revolution IS coming any time soon in this country.

Protest has largely become a dirty word and most people in this country seem to be prepared to just get f***ed by the ruling elite.

Having more people speaking coherently in the media like Brand is a good start tho I guess.

Edited by TommoK

The one thing I disagree with there is that, sadly, I don't think a revolution IS coming any time soon in this country.

Protest has largely become a dirty word and most people in this country seem to be prepared to just get f***ed by the ruling elite.

Having more people speaking coherently in the media like Brand is a good start tho I guess.

I think things *could* change quickly in that respect.

This blog by Paul Mason was a good read : http://www.channel4.com/news/russell-brand-jeremy-paxman-anti-capitalist-revolution-bbc

Although I think he and Newsnight overestimate the extent to which Russell Brand speaks for and has the backing of youngish people at large.

It is coming. It's started already. Brand is right. There will be a tipping point and that will be it - game over.

Thought he started off sounding like Farage, then went Tea Party and was finally really compelling when he got personal. Think he's brilliant, especially when up against someone like Paxman or Mika B, captivating writer too. Got a lot of 'you must see this' today, he does that. Someone I know described him/what he does as meretricious, and after looking it up, I can see why he said that.

Thought he started off sounding like Farage, then went Tea Party and was finally really compelling when he got personal. Think he's brilliant, especially when up against someone like Paxman or Mika B, captivating writer too. Got a lot of 'you must see this' today, he does that. Someone I know described him/what he does as meretricious, and after looking it up, I can see why he said that.

I think you do him a disservice calling him meretricious. If you think he has no real point or value to what he's saying i disagree.