By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Injury Thread

Leo No.8

Ive been struggling with a kind of hip, lower back ache when I've been playing footy of late. Saw the physio yesterday and she has diagnosed it as a sacroiliac joint disfunction and has given me exercises for it. Anyone had this before and can give advice? I'm fairly sure this one won't kill me...:)/>

Edited by Leo No.8

It's like a jungle sometimes

It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under

It's like a jungle sometimes

It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under

My brother's doin' bad, stole my mother's TV

Says she watches too much, it's just not healthy

"All My Children" in the daytime, "Dallas" at night

Can't even see the game or the Sugar Ray fight

The bill collectors, they ring my phone

and scare my wife when I'm not home

Got a bum education, double-digit inflation

Can't take the train to the job, there's a strike at the station

Neon King Kong standin' on my back

Can't stop to turn around, broke my sacroiliac

A mid-range migraine, cancered membrane

Sometimes I think I'm goin' insane

I swear I might hijack a plane!

Ive been struggling with a kind of hip, lower back ache when I've been playing footy of late. Saw the physio yesterday and she has diagnosed it as a sacroiliac joint disfunction and has given me exercises for it. Anyone had this before and can give advice?

see a physio and then follow their instructions

my left hip.

f***ed my knee playing rugby and ended up having the cartilage removed and some of the lining. still played up occasionaly. I think years of adjusting the way I carry things to avoid damaging the knee have resulted in my hip playing up instead. have to stop sometimes after lifting or turning too sharp to let my hip reset so I can stand on my left leg. I suspect that's not right...

I totally have f***ed it over the weekend by moving house and shifting loads of heavy furniture.

I'd be totally screwed if I was on the standing kop now... I'd have to move to the paddock and get a blanket for my knees.

Like RP...

Ive been struggling with a kind of hip, lower back ache when I've been playing footy of late. Saw the physio yesterday and she has diagnosed it as a sacroiliac joint disfunction and has given me exercises for it. Anyone had this before and can give advice? I'm fairly sure this one won't kill me...smile.gif/>

Got exactly the same thing Leo, although mine has been ongoing for about 6 months. Mine was caused through change of posture at work, and overstretching the ligaments.

Been seeing the physio for a couple of months and doing exercises. Slowly getting better, but apparently can take a while to sort.

Ive been struggling with a kind of hip, lower back ache when I've been playing footy of late. Saw the physio yesterday and she has diagnosed it as a sacroiliac joint disfunction and has given me exercises for it. Anyone had this before and can give advice? I'm fairly sure this one won't kill me...:)/>/>

Had a knee op at 24, now 29, had hip problems and back ache in lower back (near hip joint) since, the hip was part of the problem for the knee issues and vice versa. Went to a chiropractor earlier this year which temporarily relieved for 24 hours but soon came back, had 3 physio sessions last month and have now been discharged as it has all loosened up, had to do daily stretches, and still need to do them 2/3 times a week and particuarly before playing football, as the physio says if I don't then problem is likely to return. Hope this helps

Had a knee op at 24, now 29, had hip problems and back ache in lower back (near hip joint) since, the hip was part of the problem for the knee issues and vice versa. Went to a chiropractor earlier this year which temporarily relieved for 24 hours but soon came back, had 3 physio sessions last month and have now been discharged as it has all loosened up, had to do daily stretches, and still need to do them 2/3 times a week and particuarly before playing football, as the physio says if I don't then problem is likely to return. Hope this helps

Chiropracters are charlatans, go to a decent osteopath.

I've been doing Pilates for the last couple of years due to a knackered lower back - it really helps strengthen your core and gets bits of you moving that havnt for years. I prevented me from having a back op too so am glad about that

Obv speak to your physio if you are thinking of it but mine sent me on that route and its much cheaper!

Been seeing the physio for a couple of months and doing exercises. Slowly getting better, but apparently can take a while to sort.

Usually takes longer to sort with private physio i find.

I've been doing Pilates for the last couple of years

Been meaning to start this for ages, just cant quite be arsed, looks very boring.

I've been doing Pilates for the last couple of years due to a knackered lower back - it really helps strengthen your core and gets bits of you moving that havnt for years. I prevented me from having a back op too so am glad about that

Obv speak to your physio if you are thinking of it but mine sent me on that route and its much cheaper!

Lucky old Pontius

I suffered from sciatica a few years back. Used to get it when I played football. Once I had it it would put me out of action for about 4 weeks. Was the worst pain I've ever known.

Had regular trips to a chiropractor in Liverpool. Had an x ray there and he showed me how my back was f***ed (combination of years of sitting badly at a desk and a motorbike accident)

I had a regular routine of getting my back adjusted 3 times a week and a heavy duty massage session twice a month. Really helped and I've not had sciatica since. I still get lower back ache though... But mainly from slouching.