By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Let's have A Hudl

Tobes Rafa

Going to get the mrs one for christmas, they're ridiculously good value if you've got a half decent amount of clubcard vouchers.

Aye, sixty quid of vouchers and it's yours. Impossible to beat. I've started the brainwashing already but it's a slow process.

OM was caught doing that once outside the windows of Anderson & McAuley.

The mannequins were damn sexy, in all fairness.

Anderson & McAuley? Bloody hell that's a blast from the past!

• 1 month later...

Crap name but decent spec, am considering getting one of these for one of the kids for Christmas. I just wondered if anyone had researched the market more thoroughly and found better value for money ?

There's dead cheap ones from china available but the reviews of reliability are mixed. Anyone had experience of these ?

Amazon are offering £30 off the Kindle Fire HDX today only if that's any interest to you

Thanks, just had another look at that. It has a really good screen, faster processor and more memory, so it's justifiably higher priced.

For the price though, there's a lot to be said for the Hudl, certainly as a first tablet for kids or casual users. Has a better camera than the kindl fire hdx, has a micro sd card slot and supports google play store. I think with the kindle you have to use amazons own App Store.

I replaced my Lenovo K1 with a Lenovo S6000( http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/en-us/products/s6000_tablet?tabname=manuals) during the Black Friday sales. It is a really nice tablet, super quick start up, very responsive , great bluetooth and connected right into our home network to allow printing and access to files on the PC's.

For $199, it was a good buy.

There looks to be quite a few decent Cyber Monday deals out there for plenty of tablets.

I've got one, it is really responsive and a good bit of kit, however the screen is tiny compared to the 8" Sumvison Cyclone we had before. Fantastic for the kids and only cost £65 as we used mostly vouchers.

Can't go wrong for that price. For the full £120 I'd want a bigger screen.

They did a segment on budget tablets on the one show a couple of weeks ago where they gave a family a load of different tablets for them to test over a week. It was said that the hudl was the best overall.

Edited by Ibby

Thanks, just had another look at that. It has a really good screen, faster processor and more memory, so it's justifiably higher priced.

For the price though, there's a lot to be said for the Hudl, certainly as a first tablet for kids or casual users. Has a better camera than the kindl fire hdx, has a micro sd card slot and supports google play store. I think with the kindle you have to use amazons own App Store.

Bought a kindle fire hd last week off amazon. Was 99 quid so thought why not.

It's really good but yeah - not having access to Google Play and the whole range of apps is a bit of a pain.