By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

hotel recommendations in liverpool

Hassony

Any recommendations for a nice, romantic hotel in Liverpool ?

As I won't be going to on my honeymoon until the end of the month, I've decided to book a couple of night in Liverpool (she went to Uni there and loves the city) next week

parking would be a big plus

Any recommendations for a nice, romantic hotel in Liverpool ?

As I won't be going to on my honeymoon until the end of the month, I've decided to book a couple of night in Liverpool (she went to Uni there and loves the city) next week

parking would be a big plus

why don't you just wait a week and take in the Soton game?

as regards hotels: Hope St all the way

plus it's the right part of town to be in

alternatively there's a Hilton in L1, with views of the docks (note: don't go the docks for a night out)

why don't you just wait a week and take in the Soton game?

as regards hotels: Hope St all the way

plus it's the right part of town to be in

alternatively there's a Hilton in L1, with views of the docks (note: don't go the docks for a night out)

invited to weddings on the 21st and 22nd dry.gif , so have to be in Yorkshire that weekend

I'm actually looking for the 18th-20th

I'll have a look at hope street, thanks everyone

I've been waiting for a thread to put this in. Has anyone been in St Luke's church recently. I was in there one weekend afternoon over the summer. I'd been meaning to go in and have a look and their seemed to be some live music. When I got in, I was disapointed to find acts that round one of the x factor would turn away, and the worst kind of bad mobile disco dj set going on with banter that made my toes curl.

I was expecting, unusual intimate little venue, maybe someone with a guitar doing a few good songs. It was bad though, really bad.

laugh.gif

Probably?

Almost on a par with when I took my missus to the Arsenal game on Valentine's Day and forgot to book a restaurant!

ha!

I hope you bought her a pie at half time

tbf she suggested the Premier inn, and we are heading to Bali a week later

Hmmm, Hope Street or Premier Inn??? Decisions, decisions.

I took my Missus on a city break to Madrid a few years back (i.e. 12, I guess).

I still remember her face when she heard Vic's dulcet tones drifting from (i.e. booming out from) the bar in the Holiday Inn :lol:

She saw the funny side ... eventually. Who knew that Liverpool were playing a pre-season tournament in Madrid that very weekend??

I think the 'high'light was when she stood up to leave the Bernabeu after the Liverpool game, only for me to say "where are you going? It's Real Madrid v Bayern Munich now!!" But she went back to the bar we'd been at pre-match ... the only bar in Madrid that had run out of sangria :lol:

In hindsight, my "you should have stayed and watched the match" comment probably didn't help.

Anyway, good f*cking luck with the Premier Inn ... if she doesn't kick off, you've definitely got a keeper :-)

hahaha

I seem to recall there'd been a discussion about what you should get her for an anniversary or birthday or something so I came armed with a print out of the thread. She's a good sort your missus.

s*** yeah, I'd forgotten that particular detail :lol:

It was our anniversary in June so I think this trip was related to that.

Indeed, she saw the funny side.