By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Zimmerman - found "not guilty"

Zoob

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely repulsive. Racism is alive and kicking in the US and the gun culture gets another pass.

Bottom line is that a kid was walking back from the store, gets stalked by an armed cop wannabe, and ends up getting shot through the heart.

There is no excuse for his actions whatsoever. The law and the prosecution failed miserably. Zimmerman should be banged up for the rest of his life.

Absolutely repulsive. Racism is alive and kicking in the US and the gun culture gets another pass.

Bottom line is that a kid was walking back from the store, gets stalked by an armed cop wannabe, and ends up getting shot through the heart.

There is no excuse for his actions whatsoever. The law and the prosecution failed miserably. Zimmerman should be banged up for the rest of his life.

That's why Zimmerman got acquitted, they just didn't have enough evidence/proof to convince the jury he was guilty. I live in the south but there have been some really bizarre trials over the past few years in Florida, Casey Anthony acquitted and now George Zimmerman acquitted......Florida is one f***ed up state, take it away Bugs!

r0AYH.gif

Edited by Jim D

I'm so f*cking angry at this. I could see it happening. Trevon was guilty of being black. That's it. And this scumbag gets off.

This system totally sucks.

He was armed with a deadly weapon too though, the kid, dont forget, to be fair about it and not appear knee-jerk and all that. He had... a... pavement.

Zimmerman may as well just carry on killing now. There's going to be enough people after him, and since he got away with it once, he can just carry on using the "stand your ground law" while killing innocent people.

He was armed with a deadly weapon too though, the kid, dont forget, to be fair about it and not appear knee-jerk and all that. He had... a... pavement.

And a hooded top, don't forget the hooded top. Could take someone's eye out with one of those

Were they trying him for murder or manslaughter?

Initially he was let go by the police who claim there to be no evidence he acted in anything other than self defence. Then came the public outcry and he was charged by the state with 2nd degree murder, and was tried on that, the manslaughter charge was requested by the prosecution and accepted by the judge before closing arguments.

From following this, it seems the prosecution didn't have a clear version of events that could be proven as murder, they seem to have accepted that Trayvon Martin struck Zimmerman to the ground and was on top of him when he was shot, and were arguing that it wasn't self defence because Zimmerman had persued Martin with malicious intent to deal out summary justice.

I'd like to say this verdict is unbelievable. But it isn't is it? Which is shocking in itself.

Every cable news piece I've seen on MSNBC or CNN in the last few days, with assembled lawyers going over the trial has leaned toward a view that the state didn't prove it's case, via some combination of competence, tactics and available evidence.

Every cable news piece I've seen on MSNBC or CNN in the last few days, with assembled lawyers going over the trial has leaned toward a view that the state didn't prove it's case, via some combination of competence, tactics and available evidence.

exactly. they have to prove manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt and from what I've seen they failed to do that. Id rather a guilty man go free than an innocent one go to jail. the standards are clear and the prosecution has failed to meet those standards.

theres a huge difference between not guilty and innocent. the courts have done their job - correctly from what I see.

I don't think much of Zimmermans future though.

exactly. they have to prove manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt and from what I've seen they failed to do that. Id rather a guilty man go free than an innocent one go to jail. the standards are clear and the prosecution has failed to meet those standards.

theres a huge difference between not guilty and innocent. the courts have done their job - correctly from what I see.

I don't think much of Zimmermans future though.

He shouldn't be innocent though. What he did should be criminal. Maybe the court did its job but if it did, then the law is wrong.

The boy is dead, what was it - accidental death? Justifiable homicide?

Wtf did they have to prove to this jury?

that Zimmerman set out with the intend to kill him. looks like there was enough evidence on the self defense claim to cast reasonable doubt over a charge of manslaughter.

I don't like it but I think the courts did their job and the prosecution failed to prove the charge. Looks like a big gap in what we all think happened and proving it in court.

The jury instructions are pretty vital in this - I haven't seen those and I haven't seen any analysis of them. until its known what the instructions to the jury were then we aren't in a position to say they didn't do their job.

again - not guilty isn't the same as innocent. Who'd want people locked up if there wasn't sufficient evidence to back up the charges.

that Zimmerman set out with the intend to kill him. looks like there was enough evidence on the self defense claim to cast reasonable doubt over a charge of manslaughter.

I don't like it but I think the courts did their job and the prosecution failed to prove the charge. Looks like a big gap in what we all think happened and proving it in court.

The jury instructions are pretty vital in this - I haven't seen those and I haven't seen any analysis of them. until its known what the instructions to the jury were then we aren't in a position to say they didn't do their job.

again - not guilty isn't the same as innocent. Who'd want people locked up if there wasn't sufficient evidence to back up the charges.

think loads have been suckered by the media here

They didnt charge him, didnt want to try him, didnt want him guilty.

Do they need to show intent for 2nd degree murder? If it's defined as not premeditated then I don't think so.

We have a situation where an armed man called in suspicious activity was told to not proceed then followed a man who ended up dead. They seem established facts of the case which neither side is disputing and I don't know how much more is necessary for a criminal charge to be successful. If there isn't enough there for him to be guilty of a crime then the legislation protecting people from weekend warriors is flawed.