By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Primal Scream

RP

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen them a few times. Once at the Leeds festival where, after a pretty drab version of Vanishing Point, Bobby Gillespie told the crowd they didn't deserve Primal Scream.

Way past their best. Have a nice time though!

Reminds me of them doing Glastonbury as a last minute replacement for Kylie. Having not got the due respect for his clearly prescient warnings of the War on Terror being a pretext for an international police state, he called the crowd a bunch of complacent f***ing hippies, then later asked, 'did you all come to see Kylie? Well tough s***, you can't, she's got cancer'.

Much better at Bestival in a tent a couple of years ago

Used to love them. Saw them at Glastonbury in 2005 and decided I hated them.

Then saw them do Screamadelica at Brixton a couple of years ago, which I enjoyed, but mostly because I had taken some very good drugs (I know that it's not very cool to talk about that sort of thing on here at the moment, sorry).

In conclusion, they're alright.

Edited by Stanley Leisure

Saw them at the Hacienda late 80's early 90's - ace. And then at Glastonbury in 1990 - ace. Then a few more times since last seeing them a few years ago in Manchester - not so ace but still pretty good. Time's a bugger, isn't it?

Reminds me of them doing Glastonbury as a last minute replacement for Kylie. Having not got the due respect for his clearly prescient warnings of the War on Terror being a pretext for an international police state, he called the crowd a bunch of complacent f***ing hippies, then later asked, 'did you all come to see Kylie? Well tough s***, you can't, she's got cancer'.

I was at that Bestival gig. I thought they were brilliant that night. I wasn't a big fan or anything but I was blown away by how good they were...

:lol:

f***ing hell

Was that the same year Gillespie started spouting support for Arkan before they were hauled off for over running their slot?

Think so, Bobby G was on one that day, also blew up when some in the crowd stated singing the tune to I Wanna Be Adored between songs and Mani joined in, 'Shut up! That was 15 years ago, it's over!'

saw them at glastonbury 92, they were great that night, though that may have been due to other things, then again in spain a few years ago which was really average (though I got in free so didnt mind..thanks £440,000). Every interview Ive ever read or seen or heard involving bobby gillespie Ive always got the impression the guys a complete f***ing t***, though I bow to tims knowledge of him when he says he isnt....I still think he is though.

Haha!

I saw them before anyone else when they were great but now they're s***. Which I also knew before anyone else.

(Will this do?)

SAw them a a few times a couple of years back when they toured Screamadelica again and they were fantastic. I've seen them do more 'greatest hits' type shows and the material just isn't as good.

They're a really good rock and roll band though.

Incidentally there's a documentary on Netflicks about Creation records which I watched last week, it's really good.

saw them at glastonbury 92, they were great that night, though that may have been due to other things, then again in spain a few years ago which was really average (though I got in free so didnt mind..thanks £440,000). Every interview Ive ever read or seen or heard involving bobby gillespie Ive always got the impression the guys a complete f***ing t***, though I bow to tims knowledge of him when he says he isnt....I still think he is though.

My feelings on that one are more complicated now.