By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

US Open 2013

Flasher

Interesting choice of venue this year. Merion is shorter than most at something like 6, 900 yards. It's also soaking wet so greens will hold. Birdie fest i reckon.

Makes choosing a winner difficult, could be anyone now. Even players like Poulter will stand a chance.

My gut says Tiger personally, since the big stick will be left in the bag on most holes.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting choice of venue this year. Merion is shorter than most at something like 6, 900 yards. It's also soaking wet so greens will hold. Birdie fest i reckon.

" rough is very dense and thick, greens are firming up and will stimp somewhere between 13 and 14. The last six holes are just Brutal” – Graeme McDowell

Merion is a very tough track. Green speed and brutal rough will defend par nicely. Merion really is a piece of architectural brilliance. It's all on less than 120 acres.

It's also a favorite of the USGA hierarchy. That's why it's there. They've given up a lot of money to have it there.

Edited by New York Red

Merion is a very tough track. Green speed and brutal rough will defend par nicely. Merion really is a piece of architectural brilliance. It's all on less than 120 acres.

It's also a favorite of the USGA hierarchy. That's why it's there. They've given up a lot of money to have it there.

Yeah, can't wait to see it. If the weather continues though they'll be playing preferred lies!!

Still think they'll be many more birdies than usual for a US Open though. Despite the rough. They'll be fairway woods, hybrids and irons off many tees.

Yeah, can't wait to see it. If the weather continues though they'll be playing preferred lies!!

Still think they'll be many more birdies than usual for a US Open though. Despite the rough. They'll be fairway woods, hybrids and irons off many tees.

Yep. I can see the strategy being similar to how Tiger won at Hoylake.

Big hitters will have the advantage of a shorter run on in the soft fairways.

I fancy a slightly older head - Stricker, Els, Cabrera. I have Kuchar and Kevin Chappell tipped too because they are pretty hot form wise. I also like the look of Schwartzel.

Lay Rory, lay Tiger.

It is genuinely very very open.

Been pissing down, lead is -3 after 10.

Early days but if that keeps up it is going to be a very low winning total for a US Open.

You can play Merion online in Photo HD on World Golf Tour, looks a boss course.

Not bad that. Playing St Andrews and the most famous / toughest holes in golf is cool. The short game side of it is f***ing shyte though.

Edited by Earl Hafler