By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

buying a horse

Molby

I don't know much about horses

but say Frankel's son was available to buy, but I don't know who the dad is...hopefully a proper horse as opposed to some nag who turned up with a bunch of flowers...assume that must be the case

so is that a sure-fire winner?

I don't know much about horses

but say Frankel's son was available to buy, but I don't know who the dad is...hopefully a proper horse as opposed to some nag who turned up with a bunch of flowers...assume that must be the case

so is that a sure-fire winner?

Frankel's son's dad would be Frankel.

I refer you to your first sentence.

Frankel's son's dad would be Frankel.

I refer you to your first sentence.

like I said, I don't know much about horses

so I don't know who the mum is but the dad is Frankel

so is it a good buy? and what are the running costs? a bit like transfer fee and wages isn't this?

so is it a good buy? and what are the running costs? a bit like transfer fee and wages isn't this?

He's gonna be fathering over 100 foals a year for the bext 10 years or so isn't he?

You'd have to think the majority ain't going to be race winners.

No idea whether the stud fees for a son of Frankel would be any good but againb, with that many of them out there you'd suspect not.

But f*** it, buy it anyway and keep us updated.

Frankel's offspring will mostly be staying in the hands of the owners of the mares he is covering (shagging).

Some though will find their way to the sales, the yearling auctions. The principal ones are in the US, GB and Ireland. It's clearly vitally important that anyone buying Such a yearling is fully aware of the breeding of that animal. Why would anyone want to sell a Frankel sired horse and not tell you its full breeding?

It's unlikely any would be offered at private sale, except when there's a decent two year old running and Godolphin stuff a few million in he owners account.

As for running costs, those are the trainers fees, which are a weekly cost of probably £500 a week at the cheapest end. For a top trainer ive no idea but probably well over a thousand a week. Then there are entry fees for races, any additional vets fees, etc.

Whether Frankel turns out to be a good side is currently completely unknown. Some great horses have failed to pass on their talent, other more modest horses have passed on even more talent than they apparently had. Nobody knows yet and won't for at least three years.

fortunately, even if I end up swerving this opportunity, I know the name of the horse and will be advised early doors of when it runs so I can back it 'before the odds come tumbling down'

Theyre only just being conceived now, they'll be born next year and it'll be about 2 and a half years from now before the first ones see the track.

That's some 'early doors' notification.

Not a subject I know a lot about but as Matty suggests further up the thread, it's a pretty widely held principle that great horses do not usually make for great breeders.

I would substitute always for usually.

It's very hit and miss.

Theyre only just being conceived now, they'll be born next year and it'll be about 2 and a half years from now before the first ones see the track.

They've used a test mare. Be interesting to know which it was.

He's covered Midday and a few others already.

that's odd

I was told it would be running in a few months

I'm going to get to the bottom of this

so Frankel does not have any offspring yet, that's official?

He's sired no offsrping yet and as far as i know all relations are owned by Prince Khalid Abdulla.

Might be a Galileo sibling, might be a piss-take !

Edited by Earl Hafler