By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

cablegate

smithdown

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find the whole thing rather shambolic.

It's the indiscriminate nature of the leaks that irks me. Assange is like a tabloid editor throwing as much sh*t as he can out there and hoping some will stick.

What's the message? All I can determine from it is that Assange doesn't think anyone should have secrets/privacy. War crimes, fair enough but a lot of this is just gossip.

Edited by Stanley Leisure

Find the whole thing rather shambolic.

It's the indiscriminate nature of the leaks that irks me. Assange is like a tabloid editor throwing as much sh*t as he can out there and hoping some will stick.

What's the message? All I can determine from it is that Assange doesn't think anyone should have secrets/privacy. War crimes, fair enough but a lot of this is just gossip.

I wish he was a bit more like a tabloid editor. Drip it out, one story at a time, so we can get our heads around it.

This is just mind-boggling.

I wish he was a bit more like a tabloid editor. Drip it out, one story at a time, so we can get our heads around it.

This is just mind-boggling.

I should've said "bad tabloid editor". It's like when the Daily Mail do a big expose on the BBC and throw as many spurious allegations at them in one article. There's no focus, it's just agenda driven.

Assange just hates the US government and happens to have a good contact.

How long before he has a mysterious car crash?

I should've said "bad tabloid editor". It's like when the Daily Mail do a big expose on the BBC and throw as many spurious allegations at them in one article. There's no focus, it's just agenda driven.

Assange just hates the US government and happens to have a good contact.

How long before he has a mysterious car crash?

He is on a rape charge in sweden isn't he?

He is on a rape charge in sweden isn't he?

He was but I think the warrant's been withdrawn.

Clearly he was under surveillance and they were trying to delay this.

How can it be agenda driven when they release everything? Surely him editing what is released would be him applying an agenda?

I think he wants as much material to embarrass the US Government out there as possible and, in this instance, has done it in quite a ham-fisted manner. If he'd staggered it all and not released the more petty stuff, it would have had more effect, IMO.

This is just baiting to me.

He was but I think the warrant's been withdrawn.

Clearly he was under surveillance and they were trying to delay this.

I think he wants as much material to embarrass the US Government out there as possible and, in this instance, has done it in quite a ham-fisted manner. If he'd staggered it all and not released the more petty stuff, it would have had more effect, IMO.

This is just baiting to me.

The whole idea of the leaks is openness, releasing some and not others would go against that.

Assange is about to move on to big business, hard to know what the ramifications of all this could be. http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenberg/2010/11/29/wikileaks-julian-assange-wants-to-spill-your-corporate-secrets/

A smoking gun on the scale of the tobacco industry and denied cancer link? Insider trading? Short of that, it's unelected and unaccountable folk who have probably moved on

A smoking gun on the scale of the tobacco industry and denied cancer link? Insider trading? Short of that, it's unelected and unaccountable folk who have probably moved on

Depends which bank and who's involved, if it's Goldman Sachs for example then their influence stretches right to the White House. Having said that the credit default swap revelations had no effect.

Depends which bank and who's involved, if it's Goldman Sachs for example then their influence stretches right to the White House. Having said that the credit default swap revelations had no effect.

all banks influences lead to their governments, theyre inextricably linked.