By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Inglorious Basterds

Ibby

Watched this last night and thought it was brilliant. That scene at the bar nvolving the Nazi major and the undercover officer from British intelligence was one of the most tense I have seen in a film for some time. Incredibly violent and brilliant Tarantino at his best

6/10

So many reasons to love this film and I don't particularly like Tarintino's work.

Waltz gives one of the best supporting roles in recent history.

Melanie Laurent is perfection.

Diane Kruger is great as well

Loads of violence

Nazis are always interesting

So we have someone who thought it was excellent and someone who did not like it, yet both have scored 6/10, we need a barometer of some sort. One that allows delusional film expert buffs to grant more than 6/10 if they think a film is excellent, personally I thought it was a great film and have awarded it an 8/10

So we have someone who thought it was excellent and someone who did not like it, yet both have scored 6/10, we need a barometer of some sort. One that allows delusional film expert buffs to grant more than 6/10 if they think a film is excellent, personally I thought it was a great film and have awarded it an 8/10

tut tut

clueless

6/10

You need to wake up boy. When you know how to assess films properly you should come back, but not until then.

8/10 FFS...

This kind of school boy error says a lot about society. I blame society.

Anyway... I thought the film was incredibly under-rated I loved it. So many fantastic scenes.

I liked chunks of this film, but like John didn't care for the rather daft ending. The only other problem I have tangentialy with it, is although clearly to most of us a work of fiction/fantasy based on given historical facts and a timeframe, there are now seemingly plenty of people out there who think this is 'history' - admittedly more to do with thier poor historical knowledge than the film per se.

On a personal level, I don't know why given that particular subject we really need 'fantasy' films - was the reality not bizarre, horrific and 'fantastic' enough? There's plenty of far more captivating stories still to be told.

I liked chunks of this film, but like John didn't care for the rather daft ending. The only other problem I have tangentialy with it, is although clearly to most of us a work of fiction/fantasy based on given historical facts and a timeframe, there are now seemingly plenty of people out there who think this is 'history' - admittedly more to do with thier poor historical knowledge than the film per se.

On a personal level, I don't know why given that particular subject we really need 'fantasy' films - was the reality not bizarre, horrific and 'fantastic' enough? There's plenty of far more captivating stories still to be told.

Where have you encountered these 'people'?

What would you give it?

6/10

I like the fact that it's original - not pure fantasy, not pure history. Most films stick to one or the other rather than starting down one route and taking crazy turns so that it ends up the other...makes it stand out as different.

I'd say anybody who thinks the film is an accurate portrayal of history is going to have problems in life regardless of what movies they see.

In the cinema or the cutting of the forehead ?

Some superb moments. Does he recognise Shoshanna when he's ordering the strudel ?

Kind of hints of that doesn't it? However I think in the end he was just interrogating her as the big premiere was going to take place at her cinema. Otherwise I am sure if he had known he would have just taken her round the back and killed her given the evil b*****d he was