By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Watching games in the states...

John Nada

Where abouts are ya.

New York , The Red Lion, Bleeker Street in Greenwich

Boston, The Pheonix Rising , in the college district.

Theres a pub in every major city that carry the games.

I had some great mornings watching games in Boston Washington and New York last November, gettin bladdered watching the match then stumblin into the afternoon sun, just like bein back in college.

Guest krust

If it's Las Vegas then I'd recommend The Crown & Anchor on West Tropicana (I think)

Shows all Premier League games etc

yeah we're very backward here - no soccerball on TV at all etc etc :rolleyes:

we get 3 games here every weekend on FSC, another one if you have setanta.

here's a link to the FSC schedule for next week - as you can see, our game with Sunderland is on live.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/8411392_37_1.pdf

generally any pub with an English or Irish name is going to be showing the games. Hotels don't normally have FSC.

go to fox soccer channel .com and on there is a pub locater.

enter the zip code of the place you are staying and find the nearest pub.

then call them to ensure that they do actual show the game.

heres a live calender so you can see what games are on which channel. make sure the pub carries that channel. some charge for coverage. http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/calendar.php

of course if you actually put your location in then someone here may be able to help you. or be an axe murderer who will kill you... up to you.

go to fox soccer channel .com and on there is a pub locater.

enter the zip code of the place you are staying and find the nearest pub.

then call them to ensure that they do actual show the game.

heres a live calender so you can see what games are on which channel. make sure the pub carries that channel. some charge for coverage. http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/calendar.php

of course if you actually put your location in then someone here may be able to help you. or be an axe murderer who will kill you... up to you.

I've knocked off loads Mike. Ever notice how you don't see Paul around any more?

Is it easy enough to get to see all the games in North America?

What about Vancouver?

I've just come back from Vancouver. Although we're not in the season yet I remember from previous trips that it wasn't too hard to find English football on TV there in the season. One bar we were in this time even had banners of all the big Premier League teams on the wall - can't remember the name of it though

In fact in the smallest places in N America it's usually fairly easy to find footie on TV. When we recently crossed the border into Washington state from British Columbia on the day of the Euro 2008 final, having factored plenty of time in to get to see the kick-off in Seattle, we were horrendously delayed by the US customs area being completely re-built, so all the traffic was funneled into one narrow lane. I think it took us 3 hours to cross. So we stopped at a one-horse town in northern Washington state and in the main street we saw bar called the Sports Lounge. As it was mid-day there there was just one punter watching recorded baseball from the previous night on one of the dozen or so TVs.

We politely asked the delightful and friendly barmaid if we could have the football on one of the TVs (there were five of us supporting teams from the dizzy heights of Liverpool down to lowly Gillingham). She looked in the listings and couldn't see anything so was good enough to phone her sports loving boyfriend. Unfortunately, she said, her boyfriend told her there was no football on at the moment just some "soccer" game! We of course never use the dreaded "s" word so explained that was what we wanted.

So even in the middle of nowhere it wasn't too hard to get to see the game and I've never failed to find a live Liverpool game in any of the 50 states that I've now been to - or in the various Canadian provinces I've been to either

Nice one. Cheers mate.

Are there a lot of our supporters there?

I haven't been to shakespeare's in a year or so. When I used to go there was a fairly large crowd of lfc supporters, and people would come out of the woodwork for the "big" games. The setup is nice, food is good and they start serving alcohol at 8am.

I have setanta and fox soccer on cable now, so I can't be ar$ed to drive down to the pub anymore - that's the only reason why I haven't been there.

Don't know which part of SD you are in, but if you are in the North, there is also a british pub in San Marcos.

I haven't been to shakespeare's in a year or so. When I used to go there was a fairly large crowd of lfc supporters, and people would come out of the woodwork for the "big" games. The setup is nice, food is good and they start serving alcohol at 8am.

I have setanta and fox soccer on cable now, so I can't be ar$ed to drive down to the pub anymore - that's the only reason why I haven't been there.

Don't know which part of SD you are in, but if you are in the North, there is also a british pub in San Marcos.

I'm in Rancho Bernardo, so there's hardly any difference for driving time.

Cheers for the info mate.