By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

bloody lucky f**king Flucky B@5t@rds!

Guest Anders Honoré

good to see milan get what's coming to them. Feel a bit sorry for seville but atletico is a very exiciting team to watch as well.

Isn't there still a round to go though. Fingers crossed for roma to nick the title from inter.

Guest Anders Honoré
why is it that a nations champions being a top seed is 'sneaky'?

everything about that club is.

Cos they've done twaddle all in Europe.

And the likes of Lyon, Chelsea and Inter have recently?

Now, if people just come out and say 'It fecs me off they will be first seeds cos I hate them', fine. But this is just silly ;)

Now, if people just come out and say 'It fecs me off they will be first seeds cos I hate them', fine. But this is just silly ;)

Aye, Real are probably the only team outside england who will be capable of actually winning the CL next season

Chelsea in the last 5 years have reached 4 semi finals, including 1 final. That's consistently impressive.

and haven't won it, and what about Lyon and Inter, they are higher in that list than Real, as are the Mancs who until this season hadn't been impressive in the CL for years and years.

It's just funny when people get all wound up about something so trivial.

So they should always be allowed in/seeded in Europe then?

I was clearly referring to the past 5 years, on which the seeding system is based.

they've also won the spanish title for the last 2 years

seems an odd thing to get het up about if you ask me

Edited by Cobs

dunno how those coefficients are arrived at but the fact Newcastle are ranked 14th in Europe tells me there's a flaw in the system

Takes into account strength of nation (which itself is obviously dependent upon a club's representation of its' country in European competition - hence we contributed no points towards England when we qualified for the 05/06 European Cup without country protection), and number of wins/draws.

It is flawed in that number of wins/draws in UEFA Cup is given the equivalent number of points as number of wins/draws in European Cup, and that that in itself determines how you perform relative to seeding - e.g., we have more 'points' than Milan for 06/07, but Milan have more 'points' than us for 04/05 - I suppose in a way it's like making it a League competition (but not everyone plays the same number of games...hence unfair?), but obviously the team that lifts the Cup doesn't necessarily perform the best.

Also, I think a win in a Group stage is given the equivalent number of points as a win in a Knockout round.

Edited by _00_deathscar

Guest Anders Honoré
dunno how those coefficients are arrived at but the fact Newcastle are ranked 14th in Europe tells me there's a flaw in the system

ahead of Roma, Valencia and Porto. How on earth do they figure that. Porto has won the UEFA CUp and European cup within the past five years ffs.