By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

who will chant the loudest today?

growler

Guest Rafa's Receding Hairline
It would appear that the loudest chant was City FOR the Yanks.

Chanting USA, USA whilst they are in thier current situation??

t***s!!

I'm extremely disappointed at our fabled "12th man" being outchanted by a couple of thousand City fan's for 80 whole minutes during the game. And the only time I heard the Liverpool fans chanting was for Benitez or YNWA.

No yanks out, no banners.

Most knowledgeable fans? I think not. This was our best chance to get in their faces. Those who were lucky enough to get tickets at the match should've done their duty for those millions of Liverpool fans who would die to get a ticket and who are frustrated with the Yanks' regime.

I'm extremely disappointed at our fabled "12th man" being outchanted by a couple of thousand City fan's for 80 whole minutes during the game. And the only time I heard the Liverpool fans chanting was for Benitez or YNWA.

Most knowledgeable fans? I think not. This was our best chance to get in their faces. Those who were lucky enough to get tickets at the match should've done their duty for those millions of Liverpool fans who would die to get a ticket and who are frustrated with the Yanks' regime.

i am sick of people slagging me off. if you could do better then why dont you go

i am sick of people slagging me off. if you could do better then why dont you go

Would've given my left testicle to visit Anfield!

There's a thing here in Malta called lack of money. You're so lucky to be so close to Anfield you have no idea.

if you cant go, then dont start whinging at the people who do.

OK mate calm down.

I only want what's best for our club as I'm sure you do too.

Would've given my left testicle to visit Anfield!

There's a thing here in Malta called lack of money. You're so lucky to be so close to Anfield you have no idea.

You need to be aware that when Sky televise games they use a microphone right by the visiting fans to "equalise the volume", apparently in the interest of balance! So what you might think is more volume from the Away Fans, is really contrived by Sky. Having said that, even when we're away we sing far more than at home and I think it's the same for most clubs.

You need to be aware that when Sky televise games they use a microphone right by the visiting fans to "equalise the volume", apparently in the interest of balance! So what you might think is more volume from the Away Fans, is really contrived by Sky. Having said that, even when we're away we sing far more than at home and I think it's the same for most clubs.

Really?

Strange one that. Never knew.

Guest Ant

The atmosphere was pretty dull for 60 minutes, then after that the place was bouncing.

City fans where loud throughout though.

I think it was only the Kop that was singing tbh.

What a load of b******s. I have a ticket for basically every match... why? Because I go to basically every match!!

All this "if only I could get a ticket" s**** does my head in, as if you want to go the match badly enough, you'll be able to go. You start off with the smaller games where it general sale... you then get loyalty for other games... you then qualify for most games... you then qualify for virtually every game... you then have a ticket office f*** up do you out of a ticket, but know enough faces from the match you get sorted...

It was little over 10 years ago where you could walk up to the ticket office in June/July and get a Season Ticket there and then.

And how someone who wasn't even there can criticise I don't know...

Yes, the atmosphere was very flat. I think it was a hangover from Wednesday as people were still very down and gutted. I know personally I have been on a downer since then, and couldn't really be arsed to sing the whole game. I did sing a fair bit, but not all the time as perhaps usually I would. It felt like a meaningless end of season game... perhaps because it was!!

And as for the high horse of "getting the Yanks out"... I've been jeered, booed and frowned upon by other Liverpool fans for actually participating in those chants. Some said they shouldn't take place during the match as you need to support the players... so it was changed to after the match. Some said that it made it look like a knee-jerk reaction to a poor result, so it was changed to half time (making a point of waiting until every player had left the pitch, and stopping the second the first player came out - at which point a huge chant of Liverpool went up)... so the protests have become a lot more tactical to try and maximise impact. Personally I'd have liked to see some major action at the end of the game yesterday, but it didn't happen.

it wasn't the best chance to get it in their faces, as they weren't there!! Arsenal was the best chance as they were there, but many fans (who in my opinion are often apathetic) feel that supporting the team is more important so didn't want any protests during this hugely important game - so nothing happened.

So exactly how many of the protests have you actually been involved in...

Were you there when the stewards were trying to intimidate by seemingly filming and making notes regarding who was involved?

Were you there when the police were trying to break up the protest on its way to the Main Stand?

Which of the flags/banners that have been seen were yours?

It seems like a case of do as I say, not as I do to me...

Guest Prongsy

The chant to 'brick in the wall' was brilliant...

I think it was

''we don't need no Phil Scolari,

we don't need no Mourinho,

HEY! THAKSIN! leave our Sven alone''

The chant to 'brick in the wall' was brilliant...

I think it was

''we don't need no Phil Scolari,

we don't need no Mourinho,

HEY! THAKSIN! leave our Sven alone''

it worn a little bit - esp on the last train home and that's all they sung!!

Still a good one at that..

Not true about the kop singing - there was a little bit in the anny road end too!

I usually don't mind citeh fans that much but when they started on SteG etc - gangster songs etc, I thought it was pretty low :hmm:

but when they started on SteG etc - gangster songs etc, I thought it was pretty low :hmm:

I thought it was pretty scummy of them to start the '"kid" song but cracked up laughing when it turned into "the kid is Sven's". :lol:

Funny that they could sing Sign On etc especially as their old ground was in the well renowned posh area of Manchester called Moss Side.

They finally roused the KOP into a Manchester is full of s*** which was nice :thumbs:

If their d****ead chairman wasn't trying to sack the best manager they have had for 20yrs the Citeh fans would have been as quiet as church mice.

Most of the ground was bouncing for the Torres chant and Didi got a standing ovation and a chorus of Hamann Hamann from the Kop. Fair bit of chanting for Mash as well.

Typical end of season fayre from two teams with nothing to play for and only one set of fans with anything worth singing about.

Personally I did most of my singing during the lap of honour, we got a great Rafa Rafael going round the whole ground at the end.

Edited by Woodsyla