By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Facebook/Divorce

cymrococh

Just got a message on my facebook 'news list' that one of my mates who got married last year is 'no longer listed as married', it's even got a little broken heart icon next to it.

I just wonder at what stage of the divorce process do you think "I better update my facebook status."

A mate of mine found out his partner and mother of their 3 year old child was ending their relationship after 8 years last week in this very manner. I knew before he did. Incredibly immature, heartless and cruel thing to do.

A mate of mine found out his partner and mother of their 3 year old child was ending their relationship after 8 years last week in this very manner. I knew before he did. Incredibly immature, heartless and cruel thing to do.

:hmm:

on the subject of divorce.

One of our papers ran a supplement this week called 'Shopping around'. On the front was a picture of a shopping precinct with an oldish couple holding hands. Except one of our readers called in determined that we grass up who the woman holding hands with her husband was.

on the subject of divorce.

One of our papers ran a supplement this week called 'Shopping around'. On the front was a picture of a shopping precinct with an oldish couple holding hands. Except one of our readers called in determined that we grass up who the woman holding hands with her husband was.

:lol:

Guest Scot
Just got a message on my facebook 'news list' that one of my mates who got married last year is 'no longer listed as married', it's even got a little broken heart icon next to it.

I just wonder at what stage of the divorce process do you think "I better update my facebook status."

Funny you should say that, a childhood friend of mine did similar on her Facebook account last week. I thought it was desperately sad.

Funny you should say that, a childhood friend of mine did similar on her Facebook account last week. I thought it was desperately sad.

...and again here - a friend I haven't seen in person for a while updated her site in the way Caruso describes - poor bugger has three fairly young kids as well. It's a sad thought that all but one other couple than ourselves who we've known since we got married 23 years ago have split. Even sadder is when we've met a few, their reasons for doing so seem very lightweight and that they just couldn't be arsed putting in the effort to sort it out.

...and again here - a friend I haven't seen in person for a while updated her site in the way Caruso describes - poor bugger has three fairly young kids as well. It's a sad thought that all but one other couple than ourselves who we've known since we got married 23 years ago have split. Even sadder is when we've met a few, their reasons for doing so seem very lightweight and that they just couldn't be arsed putting in the effort to sort it out.

"I'm really sorry, but you can't stay over, you see we've had a divorce. Yes that's it, a great big divorce, terrible it is. Anyway keep in touch."