By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Stamford Bridge

psl

Its about bloody time that we went to Stamford Bridge and gave Chelsea the beating that they deserve. We are still in this tie, absolutely no question. We outplayed them tonight and no one could have argued if we'd won 2-0. We gifted them an equaliser but we should remain confident, determined and steadfast. We have come back from considerably worse positions in this, our competition.

The way they celebrated at the end suggested that they thought the hard work was done, or had been done for them. But its not. Yes, we have a terrible record at Stamford Bridge, under Benitez and before him, but the time has come for that to end. They are not invincible there. Their undefeated home record has remained intact but has included a number of draws in recent weeks. We could have ended it ourselves, without Fernando Torres, in February.

We are playing much better than them and we should have beaten them tonight. Its time to make up for the 4-2 FA Cup defeat down there, for the regular league defeats, for the Champions League semi final first leg last year. It is time for Liverpool FC, fans and players, to stop fearing Chelsea at their ground. Our fans need to make themselves heard and again provide the undoubted support that the team benefit from everywhere they play and the players, in turn, need to show the belief and ability that led us to victories at Inter, Barca, Marseilles and in Istanbul. We can do this. We can beat them and we can reach the final, again. The only difference is that this time John Terry will cry in front of his own fans, and it will feel all the sweeter for us that we have done it at their s*** hole of a ground that has caused us so much misery over the years.

Edited by psl

Guest Beano's Dad

Got to agree with all that. One thing I noticed was how relieved Grant was tonight. He had "job done" written all over his face. Poor deluded man.Truth is by the time they have had a battle with Mancs (and it will be a battle) they will be (like Arsenal were) running on empty by next Tuesday. Whereas we can rest all 11 from tonight if we wanted to. And I think we will.

Rafa knows hand on heart that we always needed to score at Stamford Bridge to go through but here is one bit that will give us the edge. John Terry. I see the selfish streak of his taking over and failing to deliver and we must exploit that. He is one booking away from missing the final (as is Carragher and Gerrard) but if Torres or Babel get a run on him he will let them pass. He will not bring them down. He is a self preservating creature who wants to lift that trophy. This will be his and his clubs undoing. And yes I picture him in tears AGAIN proving that he is not the leader the national team needed on the pitch throughout qualification for the EC.

When they beat us 1-0 last season the looks on the Chelsea players faces was that (to a man) they had not done enough. This is a team that we should have beaten 3 times this season but have not rammed home the advantage. 1-1 is not the disaster 2-2 could have been tonight. If Chelsea score first next week nothing changes. We still need to score. If they beat us over the two legs I would be surprised. Law of averages said that Torres' run of goals in home games would come to an end. It also says it is about time we scored at their place too. So if it is 0-0 at HT at the Bridge I am sure the Chelsea fans will be s***ting themselves.

Guest GrandpaSimpson
Its about bloody time that we went to Stamford Bridge and gave Chelsea the beating that they deserve. We are still in this tie, absolutely no question. We outplayed them tonight and no one could have argued if we'd won 2-0. We gifted them an equaliser but we should remain confident, determined and steadfast. We have come back from considerably worse positions in this, our competition.

The way they celebrated at the end suggested that they thought the hard work was done, or had been done for them. But its not. Yes, we have a terrible record at Stamford Bridge, under Benitez and before him, but the time has come for that to end. They are not invincible there. Their undefeated home record has remained intact but has included a number of draws in recent weeks. We could have ended it ourselves, without Fernando Torres, in February.

We are playing much better than them and we should have beaten them tonight. Its time to make up for the 4-2 FA Cup defeat down there, for the regular league defeats, for the Champions League semi final first leg last year. It is time for Liverpool FC, fans and players, to stop fearing Chelsea at their ground. Our fans need to make themselves heard and again provide the undoubted support that the team benefit from everywhere they play and the players, in turn, need to show the belief and ability that led us to victories at Inter, Barca, Marseilles and in Istanbul. We can do this. We can beat them and we can reach the final, again. The only difference is that this time John Terry will cry in front of his own fans, and it will feel all the sweeter for us that we have done it at their s*** hole of a ground that has caused us so much misery over the years.

It's high time we got a result down there. But we wont.

Got to agree with all that. One thing I noticed was how relieved Grant was tonight. He had "job done" written all over his face. Poor deluded man.Truth is by the time they have had a battle with Mancs (and it will be a battle) they will be (like Arsenal were) running on empty by next Tuesday. Whereas we can rest all 11 from tonight if we wanted to. And I think we will.

Rafa knows hand on heart that we always needed to score at Stamford Bridge to go through but here is one bit that will give us the edge. John Terry. I see the selfish streak of his taking over and failing to deliver and we must exploit that. He is one booking away from missing the final (as is Carragher and Gerrard) but if Torres or Babel get a run on him he will let them pass. He will not bring them down. He is a self preservating creature who wants to lift that trophy. This will be his and his clubs undoing. And yes I picture him in tears AGAIN proving that he is not the leader the national team needed on the pitch throughout qualification for the EC.

When they beat us 1-0 last season the looks on the Chelsea players faces was that (to a man) they had not done enough. This is a team that we should have beaten 3 times this season but have not rammed home the advantage. 1-1 is not the disaster 2-2 could have been tonight. If Chelsea score first next week nothing changes. We still need to score. If they beat us over the two legs I would be surprised. Law of averages said that Torres' run of goals in home games would come to an end. It also says it is about time we scored at their place too. So if it is 0-0 at HT at the Bridge I am sure the Chelsea fans will be s***ting themselves.

Great post.

they got out of jail tonight

should have lost 2-0 but got a 1-1 draw

but do they think they have job done. our disappointment tonight will be a big motivating factor next week when we have time to clear our heads. we have chance to respond and i think we will

work on our set pieces and get crouch in there - cech has lost his nerve

Just seen the Cech interview on SSN. Big smile on his face. He knows..

WHo the f*** cares.

Obviously he is going to be beaming. He's just played a great game like Reina did last year to keep them in the tie and give them an advantage.

This team has had a lot of plaudits for the way they play in Europe. This is a totally new situation so lets see if they have the b******s to turn things around. No point giving up yet

spot on. great post

I ain't bothered. We'll score at the bridge, because now we see Chelsea tring to defend the away goal. They can't do it IMO. To m uch pressure, we are used to it, they aren't.

Can Chelsea defend for 90 minutes without conceding ? No

Can we score if we go for it ? Yes.

chelsea just tried to copy our tactics in previous games, and were happy with a 0-0 or 0-1. they got lucky with the away goal, thats all.

I don't think they will be able to keep us out for 90 minutes.

Would be great for it be 0-0 and for us to score in the 91st minute, but not sure my heart could take it, so Rafa and the lads, please score 2 goals in the first half, otherwise we may see a drop in the number of fans through health issues.

After being gutted at that Muppet Riise, I'm looking at it differently now.

If we went there with a 1-0 lead the tendency would be to protect the lead, at least at 1-1 we know what we need to do, which is play to win.

Funnily enough, for some strange reason I was never confident today, but I feel more confident for the 2nd leg given the task.

I think we have the beating of Chelsea under Grant...under Mourinho they were far superior to what they are now (and yet we still had the beating of them in this tournament). I think we'll go there and win - I've seen no evidence to suggest otherwise from their recent performances. United will probably end their title hopes at the weekend and we will end their Champions League campaign soon after.

In ten years people will say 'do you remember that Avram Grant guy?' and the response will be - 'who?!'