By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

West Ham tonight

Back entry diddler

Guest redmanrobbie

They should be well up for it, continue our good form into the weekend and beyond. If they can't manage to take their minds of something they have no power over for just 90 minutes then we are in trouble. Focus. Hopefully the fans will be backing the team and not worrying about such matters untill the final whistle goes too.

Not talking about fitness more about mental distractions but I hope your right.

said it before, I'll say it again, give a footballer an excuse not to perform and he'll take it.

They get paid to concentrate on winning games, do that and let the off the foeld problems stay there.

said it before, I'll say it again, give a footballer an excuse not to perform and he'll take it.

They get paid to concentrate on winning games, do that and let the off the foeld problems stay there.

I take your point, but that's unrealistic. I get paid to be a professional, but if I've got problems at home, it affects me at work. When I was in the middle of a takeover scenario (Kroll - an american company, took over the partnership I worked for) the uncertainty on all of us - the rumours, the talk, the negativity etc affected us all in our ability to work effectively. Tempers were short and our productivity dipped. In an ideal world, you are right, these things should be put to one side, but that is to disregard the frailties of human nature - at our core we are emotional creatures, and these things do affect us, whether they should or not, and protests at half time etc, will simply compound the effect.

Personally, I think whether they are up for it or not will swing on the crowd - vocal support of the team will give a good performance, vocal berating of teh yanks will see a lacklustre performance. They will have read the papers, talked with friends and there will be a heaviness on teh team, would be my guess, so I think Back Entry Diddler's question is a valid one - as valid as your observation that they should be able to put it one side - yes, they should, but I still reckon BED's concern could be realised.

Edited by BennyBobo

Benny is that Kroll the investigation company? If so what line of work you in?

It is.

I was working in Corporate Reorganisation Services for Buchler Phillips at the time. My background is Corporate Recovery and Corporate Finance, and I now work in Strategic Business Development, Service Development and Relationship Management. I'm a chartered accountant by qualification, but I generally keep that part to myself!

Why do you ask? Have you had dealings with them? I left them in 2002.

It is.

I was working in Corporate Reorganisation Services for Buchler Phillips at the time. My background is Corporate Recovery and Corporate Finance, and I now work in Strategic Business Development, Service Development and Relationship Management. I'm a chartered accountant by qualification, but I generally keep that part to myself!

Why do you ask? Have you had dealings with them? I left them in 2002.

Just wondered, I used to work as a sub-contractor for their London office in the mid to late 90's before half the team fecked off to form RAG. Also did a bit of work for their Italian office in recent years mainly fraud investigations, due diligence that sort of stuff... ;):D