By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

I f***ing did it

stressederic

I hand in my final dissertation in about 9 hours, and then thats it, my MA is complete.

The last few weeks have been hellish, and the last few days horrendous, but its done.

Been in the position, where almost anything anyone did or said just felt like more presure and stress on my back. All my family were fantastic and trying to help, but it was getting really oppressive.

Kind of wish my Grandad was still around to see this, he'd have been made up.

I'm struggling to unwind or turnoff now, I'm completely knackered, but can't seem to stop thinking. And I'm rambling a bit as well. Should probably stop doing that.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hand in my final dissertation in about 9 hours, and then thats it, my MA is complete.

The last few weeks have been hellish, and the last few days horrendous, but its done.

Been in the position, where almost anything anyone did or said just felt like more presure and stress on my back. All my family were fantastic and trying to help, but it was getting really oppressive.

Kind of wish my Grandad was still around to see this, he'd have been made up.

I'm struggling to unwind or turnoff now, I'm completely knackered, but can't seem to stop thinking. And I'm rambling a bit as well. Should probably stop doing that.

Get a Job.

it would be great if your dog ate it while you sleep

It'd be odd, mainly because I don't have a dog. Having someone elses dog eat your essay isn't nearly as ironic.

I thought the thread title was about the Jon Benet Ramsay case.

Unfortunately so did the FBI.

Get a Job.

Already working on it. Waiting to hear back to see if I've got an interview for a top job.

seriously though, congrats lad.

Ta.

Well done, but if I can freak you out - I'll ask the worst question you could possibly get right now...

Have you got a hard copy?

The wonderful thing about soft copies is that the formatting in long documents has a habit of getting cocked up when transferred to other machines.

I believe Dee experienced this (or similar) problem for her thesis. I have certainly come across it a number of times.

It seems to follow a version of Sod's Law whereby the frequency with which this happens is directly proportional to the importance of the document. Call it an electronic dog if you like...

Otherwise: enjoy life again. And then get a job.

congrats!

and yes, copies and hardcopies and backups and everything else is the way to go! I was lucky i had a back up..

and i left it until the last day to get it bound too - which involved getting a flight to dublin, queuing for the binding shop to open and avail of the 5 hr service and then despatch it to the registry in time..

hellish it was..but i'm glad it's over and done. And I don't even have a hard bound copy for myself!

my partner is doing the exact same right now - one week to go to submit so last bits are getting written and i'm having to read it :hmm:

well done tho :D and enjoy yourself now

How long do you have to wait before you know whether your diss has been accepted?

My advice to students (mine that is) is to take a complete break while waiting for results - I usually tell them stories about my travelling experiences and quite a few have gone off for weeks or months.

If you have to wait more than a few weeks, what are your plans?