By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Bin Laden's back

Crazy Horse

He'll be doing this in 2089.

I'm highly suspicious and have been for a while that he's been dead for ages. Probably kiled in the tora caves bombardment but it suits Al Qaeda and it suits Bush to pretend he's still about hence the voice with no video.

I'm highly suspicious and have been for a while that he's been dead for ages. Probably kiled in the tora caves bombardment but it suits Al Qaeda and it suits Bush to pretend he's still about hence the voice with no video.

there will be a max headroom version of him out before too long. CGI me off.......

It's 'interesting' that Bin Laden's tapes tend to contain more than a nugget or two of truth, usually a painful truth for the US government. Conveniently, anyone who repeats the same truths can then be accused of sharing Bin Laden's views or giving comfort to the enemy.

"Based on the substance of the polls, which indicate Americans do not want to fight Muslims on Muslim land, nor do they want Muslims to fight them on their land, we do not mind offering a long-term truce based on just conditions that we will stand by," he said.

"There is nothing wrong with this solution except that it deprives the influential people and warlords in America from hundreds of billions of dollars -- those who supported Bush's election campaign with billions of dollars."

"Your President is misinterpreting public opinion polls which show that the vast majority of you support the withdrawal of your forces from Iraq," bin Laden said.

"He (Bush) disagreed with this desire and said the withdrawal of troops will give the wrong message to the enemy and that it is better to fight them on their ground than on our ground."

"Reality shows that the war against the U.S. and its allies is not just restricted to Iraq as he claims, but Iraq has become a gravitational point and a recruiting ground for qualified (mujahideen)," he added.

CIA must be threatening to cut his funding.

:applause:

I had to laugh when a 'Conspiracies' programme the other night over here had the former head of the CIA effort in Afghanistan during the Russian invasion there saying 'categorically' 'People are always saying we gave millions upon millions in money and weapons to Bin Laden and his extreme faction of mujahideen back then in Afgahnistan. It's complete rubbish. I was there - I was responsible. Sure we gave the mujahideen weapons and trained them - but no money, ever - especially not to Bin Laden as our own field officers reports -at the time, not later but actually there on the ground - said one day he could bne our next problem.'

Funny then, how in the CIA Operation 'Undertow' (the Clandestine proxy war in Afghanistan) statements from the Senate Oversights Committee meeting from July 1985 and recently released under the Freedom of Information rules to the Senate library say they did give him money to the tune of as much as $2bn. This statement was countersigned by the very Station Chief mentioned above who on camera said they didn't. He has since retired.

:applause:

I had to laugh when a 'Conspiracies' programme the other night over here had the former head of the CIA effort in Afghanistan during the Russian invasion there saying 'categorically' 'People are always saying we gave millions upon millions in money and weapons to Bin Laden and his extreme faction of mujahideen back then in Afgahnistan. It's complete rubbish. I was there - I was responsible. Sure we gave the mujahideen weapons and trained them - but no money, ever - especially not to Bin Laden as our own field officers reports -at the time, not later but actually there on the ground - said one day he could bne our next problem.'

Funny then, how in the CIA Operation 'Undertow' (the Clandestine proxy war in Afghanistan) statements from the Senate Oversights Committee meeting from July 1985 and recently released under the Freedom of Information rules to the Senate library say they did give him money to the tune of as much as $2bn. This statement was countersigned by the very Station Chief mentioned above who on camera said they didn't. He has since retired.

"Oh THAT money"

I seem to recall Robert Gates (former CIA director) and Zbigniew Brezinski (Carter's national security advisor) confirming that aid was being provided at least 6 montsh before the Soviet's invaded Afghanistan in 1979. In fact Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the anti-Soviet regime in Kabul in July 1979, I think...

The idea was to draw them in and ulitimatly feck them. Gates wrote in his memoirs something along the lines of "giving the USSR its own Vietnam". Brezinski was quoted a few years back as saying "What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Muslims or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?".

Some chap who has published a book of transcripts of Bin Laden tapes and who has listened to all of the previous bona fide statements from him was on Irish radio this morning and he said there's no way that it's genuine.

He reckons it was the Pakistani secret service (ISI?).

Refocuses the War on Terror © nicely.

:rolleyes:

Please don't ever go on about lefty conspiracy theories again.