By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Phobias

Murphman

I first flew aged just 17, to Spain. We took off, I was with a girlfriend,trying to act the macho man but I have never been so scared in my life. it didn't get any better.

I was 33 and flew again, I went to Portugal with my wife, I was drugged up and pissed up before I took off, I hated it.This continued for quite a while.

We had kids, subconsciously I realised this was damaging and illogical and I manged to overcome my fear, to the point after a bit I really didn't care anymore, we flew at least once a year.

On Monday I flew to Madrid. To a lesser degree perhaps, but all of my old fears came flooding back, after all these years! All the logic in the world during a  really smooth short flight didn't really help.

I'm scared of flying again, how weird i(and annoying) is that? I'm flying to the US in 3 weeks, very, very apprehensive.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man up Murph. Are you seriously going to Florida at this time of year?

My wife's 60th, we're off on 5th October, the whole family. What could possibly go wrong?

where are you flying to?

New York*

* Not really, the place is rammed full of c*nts.

Lager, diazepam, gin and tonic. That combination in that order usually stops me shrieking like a big baby when i fly.

Yes but 3 pints and 3 large g and ts

Then top up as needed

I don't get how people can still be scared after that lot

Luckily I seem to have my fear under control now

Great to be able to show up somewhere and be able to drive a hire car and not lose the first day

Journey home is a different matter of course

Yes but 3 pints and 3 large g and ts

Then top up as needed

I don't get how people can still be scared after that lot

Luckily I seem to have my fear under control now

Great to be able to show up somewhere and be able to drive a hire car and not lose the first day

Journey home is a different matter of course

Was thinking about Istanbul the other day. 

Landing at Gatwick and wondering WTF to do about the car...

Landing at Stansted and wondering where the car was.

I drove the wrong way up the M1 from Luton and it took me and my mate an hour to realise we were going away from London instead of towards it. No sleep for over 24 hours and a large pre-roller in anticipation of a famous victory stowed away ready for our return, may well have contributed to this unfortunate misjudgment. Not that we were bothered of course.