By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

We're not in Kansaa anymore...

stressederic

Actually I've never been to Kansas so can't really say that. *Edit* Particularly as it seems my iPhone has Macca'd the thread title.

But having discovered that Kansas is home to America's national ww1 museum I'm starting to think I should go. At the moment I'm considering ways I could spend maybe up to a year there if necessary.

Have any of the forumites here spent any/much time in either Kansas or nearby Fulton, Missouri? If so; what's it like? Tornados not withstanding.

Edited by stressederic

Kansas.

fly over state.

nuff said.

WWII museum is in New Orleans. has far more potential. at nights you can just browse the website for the wwi museum and pretend you have been.

you do realize that the odds of it being very jingoistic is very high........

I've got a bit of a recurring daydream about moving to some backwater American town and becoming the resident Limey. I'd put on a posh accent and make up some exotic provenance for myself, all the while cleaning up. Like a sort of benevolent Needful Things.

Probably wouldn't work out like that.

I've got a bit of a recurring daydream about moving to some backwater American town and becoming the resident Limey. I'd put on a posh accent and make up some exotic provenance for myself, all the while cleaning up. Like a sort of benevolent Needful Things.

I think my son is doing that at school. Everytime someone comments on his accent (most days) It becomes more pronounced. He hasn't worked out the cleaning up bit though...

Well Kansas sounds absolutely charming... Although there's still a fair chance I'll try and go there for at least a while. But at least I know I won't have any fun.

That said, this element sounds appealing.

Kansas.

fly over state.

nuff said.

WWII museum is in New Orleans. has far more potential. at nights you can just browse the website for the wwi museum and pretend you have been.

you do realize that the odds of it being very jingoistic is very high........

Yeah I suspect it will be. That said Americans don't seem to give much of a s*** about WW1 so maybe it'll be alright. Maybe?

Who spends a year in a museum?

Depending on how it works out I could only be over there for 3-6 months. I'm also trying very hard not to think about how much time I've spent in museums here.

But if I get accepted on the scheme I'm thinking of I'd probably end up doing some teaching/lecturing in an American university for a year as well.

Depending on how it works out I could only be over there for 3-6 months. I'm also trying very hard not to think about how much time I've spent in museums here.

But if I get accepted on the scheme I'm thinking of I'd probably end up doing some teaching/lecturing in an American university for a year as well.

quick every!! hide.

Can-saw as in Arkansas. I've never heard it like that in relation to Kansas. She was yanking your chain John.

If only!

I once had a week long fling with a girl from Kansas, thank god she lived in New Mexico at the time.............she hated Kansas

did she hate New Mexico too?

I tried that. Got shot by Clint Eastwood