By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Top paid musicians

charlie clown

I've just read the Forbes list of the 25 highjest paid musicians in 2012 and was amazed to see Sade in there with $33m. How/when did that happened? Has there been some massive Sade comeback on the go that has managed to pass me by completely (I mean, I'd be very grateful if it and all but)? I just read it and thought 'how can someone who's not had a hit record in well over a quarter century rake that much money in?'

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just read the Forbes list of the 25 highjest paid musicians in 2012 and was amazed to see Sade in there with $33m. How/when did that happened? Has there been some massive Sade comeback on the go that has managed to pass me by completely (I mean, I'd be very grateful if it and all but)? I just read it and thought 'how can someone who's not had a hit record in well over a quarter century rake that much money in?'

Was Cathy Dennis in there too?

What proportion of Dre's money comes from selling headphones or Britney Spears from hawking make-up?

Well you cant make a digi copy of those, so don't blame them, seems people are happy to pay over a ton for that 'quality' to listen to MP3s so long as they're the right ones and look good

Sorry I didn't know whether you were being disparaging to the headphones or mp3's

Neither really, certainly can't talk with buying particular clothes or whatever, just found it amusing that Dr Dre likely didn't get paid for the all MP3s but does handsomely for what they choose to listen to them through

She's minted. Wrote "Can't Get You Out of My Head",

Not sure that's right is it? Yesterday there was some rubbish best no1's of all time thing on itv and they were crediting that to the guy who used to be the bassist for the ole 70's band that did the song 'tiger feet'. Showed him in his big house and how he came about with the tune and the lyrics

Not sure that's right is it? Yesterday there was some rubbish best no1's of all time thing on itv and they were crediting that to the guy who used to be the bassist for the ole 70's band that did the song 'tiger feet'. Showed him in his big house and how he came about with the tune and the lyrics

They co-wrote it.