By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Paris

Murphman

The youngest did well in his exams he's asked for a trip to Paris as a reward, we're all going next weekend, all 4 of us. Any recommendations for hotels? Montmarte (sp) has been put up as a good spot but does anybody have an actual recommendation? We're only kipping and will be out all day so safe, quiet, clean and in a decent spot for sensible money would be ideal. A tube station nearby would be handy too and the ability to park a motor is paramount.

Cheers Genny.

Edited by Murphman

Stayed in a nice place around the corner from the Arc de Triomphe back in 2002 - can't remember the name of it, but here's possible directions:

1. http://www.google.co.uk/maps
  2. Enter "paris bed and breakfast near arc de triomphe" as the search
  3. On the results, click the item marked D
  4. Click the Street View link
  5. You'll be looking at Stoeckel's choccy shop.
  6. Now, in the top left corner...click the right arrow twice
  7. Now click on the car outside the sandwich shop
  8. The door to the right....zoom in.
  9. Fine asses, eh?

Oh, by the way, the hotel name is the Sofitel.

Stayed in a nice place around the corner from the Arc de Triomphe back in 2002 - can't remember the name of it, but here's possible directions:

1. http://www.google.co.uk/maps
  2. Enter "paris bed and breakfast near arc de triomphe" as the search
  3. On the results, click the item marked D
  4. Click the Street View link
  5. You'll be looking at Stoeckel's choccy shop.
  6. Now, in the top left corner...click the right arrow twice
  7. Now click on the car outside the sandwich shop
  8. The door to the right....zoom in.
  9. Fine asses, eh?

Oh, by the way, the hotel name is the Sofitel.

:lol:

Why are you thinking of driving?

'cos it's the summer holidays and Eurostar will cost £850.

Is he going to be driving though? He did say "the ability to park a motor is paramount". I think this may be a senior moment manifested by typing out what his missus just shouted at him while he was starting the thread.

You've had a mare Dunc.

I'd recommend Lutetia on the left bank. Lovely old hotel and in a good spot. Metro stations all around too. It's on Boulevard Raspail.

There's a great restaurant called Chez Georges that I highly recommend too.

I'll check that out, thanks mate.

The youngest did well in his exams he's asked for a trip to Paris as a reward, we're all going next weekend, all 4 of us. Any recommendations for hotels? Montmarte (sp) has been put up as a good spot but does anybody have an actual recommendation? We're only kipping and will be out all day so safe, quiet, clean and in a decent spot for sensible money would be ideal. A tube station nearby would be handy too and the ability to park a motor is paramount.

Cheers Genny.

If that's the Montmartre in the Saint-Georges area it's a cracking spot. Ideal for what you're after

Edited by Earl Hafler

BTW on Saturday nights a big group of people gather on the steps of the Cathedral up there and drink wine an look at the city. Some very interesting people were there when I stuck my nose in. The view is pretty awesome.

My eldest wants a hotel with Canal to watch the game and a trip to PSG's ground.

Culture?

FFS.

Edited by Murphman

Is this the lad who bought you a watch with his first pay cheque?

No. Good try though. :)

*We're going in October.

This the same lad that you dropped for the cup final? If so; f***ing hell, Murph you like putting the boot into that poor sod.

No the other one, I've not seen his brother for years, kids are so touchy these days, it was only a bloody football match FFS!

Have you looked at airbnb.com for apartments? I'm using it for at the moment - staying in a super nice place in Copenhagen.

there's all levels of budget etc. and lots of choices..

I'll take a look, cheers.