By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Wallander

Tosh

Anyone watch this? I've not watched it but before I waste an hour of my life and/or stick it ion the Mrs' iPad, is it any good?

(talking about the BBC/Branagh version)

Thx

I'm watching it

I'm not sure; it's very bleak and understated

It's not in the same class as the original Wallander series but it's worth watching cos there is nothing else on at 9 on Sundays til La Liga is back or unless there is a good golf tournament on. The mispronounciations of Swedish names and places by English actors playing Swedish characters is a glaring irritant (one character pronounced Ostersjön 'Oster-john' yesterday) but the production values are high and the direction is good. And Branagh's Wallander is sufficiently different from Krister Henriksson who I think is the best Swedish Wallander to be engaging.

It's not in the same class as the original Wallander series but it's worth watching cos there is nothing else on at 9 on Sundays til La Liga is back or unless there is a good golf tournament on. The mispronounciations of Swedish names and places by English actors playing Swedish characters is a glaring irritant (one character pronounced Ostersjön 'Oster-john' yesterday) but the production values are high and the direction is good. And Branagh's Wallander is sufficiently different from Krister Henriksson who I think is the best Swedish Wallander to be engaging.

Totally agree.

It's not in the same class as the original Wallander series but it's worth watching <snip>

And Branagh's Wallander is sufficiently different from Krister Henriksson who I think is the best Swedish Wallander to be engaging.

Rolf Lassgard also played Wallander. But he's the one I liked least in the role.

For me, Branagh's Wallander is too miserable. I've still watched it but agree that Henriksson is the best

I've only started watching it from the beginning of the latest series.

It's pretty well written and is certainly worth a look.

However, I reckon I'm probably in a small minority of people who think Branagh is always overrated as an actor tho. Always thought his ex, Emma whatshername, is overrated too. Not that she's in Wallander mind.

Which one? There is a series that SVT made and another one. The independent one is the best I think, has Henriksson in the role.

The one with Henriksson, 13 x 90 minute episodes by the look of it, starting with 'Innan Frosten' . Hopefully start it off tonight.

Which one? There is a series that SVT made and another one. The independent one is the best I think, has Henriksson in the role.

I enjoyed them both Ithink, just watched them as they came on BBC4. The first one I ever saw was with the tramp in a bank, which was WTF?