By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

cash money...

Eskimo

what are safe amounts to withdraw from a bank without looking sus..?

I'd say anything upto about 10k but if you are going to be doing this regularly you maybe think again.

Choose a figure that looks like it could be for a private car sale

I'd say anything upto about 10k but if you are going to be doing this regularly you maybe think again.

Spoke to a bank recently about this. They suggested going in ahead of time to speak to the manager and giving them the heads up. Then arranging for the amount to be prepared by calling them a couple of days earlier.

ah the ole car excuse eh....(was the one I was gonna use if asked ;) )

Spoke to a bank recently about this. They suggested going in ahead of time to speak to the manager and giving them the heads up. Then arranging for the amount to be prepared by calling them a couple of days earlier.

you're going to be doing it on the weekly / monthly? in which case yeah you'll need to plan. In fact I've always ordered everything above about 2k. Not that it was very often mind

ah the ole car excuse eh....(was the one I was gonna use if asked ;) )

I was advised some time ago that if ever carrying money you didn't want to explain carry an autotrader

It's your money - not theirs

Now, whether they have the ability to tell the taxman who then keeps an eye on the extension you are putting on the side of your house is a separate issue, but by rights, it's your cash

But in case they happen to have leveraged the bejeesus out of it on some dodgy derivative product sold in some massive Ponzi scam run by some Henry in the City under the banner of "investments" it may be worth popping by and giving them a heads up, just so they have it in the bank. And it really is none of their business what you do with it. If asked, tell them you are buying gold with it and burying it in the garden as you don't trust the banking system aby longer. Do it with a glint in your eye and clock the reaction

And it really is none of their business what you do with it.

Anti-money laundering regulations. They should be asking.

That said, your point still stands. Let 'em ask, then tell 'em nuffink.

Once did a case where a fella withdrew over £100k in cash from the bank (told them of this beforehand and had ID).

PC Plod was waiting when he left the bank. Plod seized the money under the proceeds of crime legislation, arguing that the derivation of the cash was dodgy as the lad didn't work and was a foreign student.

Cue plod later suffering huge embarrassment when an official letter is sent by the Chinese embassy that states the lad is the son of a billionaire diplomat and to release the funds immediately (which they did very quickly of course!).

Cue plod later suffering huge embarrassment when an official letter is sent by the Chinese embassy that states the lad is the son of a billionaire diplomat and to release the funds immediately (which they did very quickly of course!).

Nice story, but I bet no police were actually embarrassed.

Nice story, but I bet no police were actually embarrassed.

They were embarrassed as they issued a letter of apology to the lads father (it was his money they seized) and they had to pay costs (a few grand).

They were embarrassed as they issued a letter of apology to the lads father (it was his money they seized) and they had to pay costs (a few grand).

Letter, costs are inconvenient, but procedural. I'm just saying that's part of the business. No actual embarrassment will have flushed the cheeks of any police officer though.

I don't knw why I'm discussing this, f*** it. They shat themselves with shame.

I don't knw why I'm discussing this, f*** it. They shat themselves with shame.

Jeez you are coming across as a bit of a prick there mate.

Agree don't know why I am discussing this with you either but I obviously have not put every facet of the case on this forum but you can be assured that due to the way the case was investigated by the economic crime unit there was a lot of embarrassment on the part of the police. To the extent of one of the senior officers saying so to me personally.