By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

England v South Africa

Cobs

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on the Eng-Aus live text last night tweeted that their kid has asked him why they don't have the bails attached to the stumps by string so as they can't fly off that far.

Not the worst idea ever actually!

Someone on the Eng-Aus live text last night tweeted that their kid has asked him why they don't have the bails attached to the stumps by string so as they can't fly off that far.

Not the worst idea ever actually!

a pity that these things have to happen before changes are made. The numbers and tributes to Boucher speak to the player and character he's been over the year.

The team will miss Bouch, he was primed to try and go out in a blaze of glory.

As far as using AB as a wicketkeeper, I'm not really a fan but that does mean that we can play an extra batsman.

Something along the lines of :

Pietersen

Smith

Amla

Kallis

AB

Rudolph

Duminy

Steyn

Philander

Morkel

Tahir

which does give Swann 4 lefthanders to bowl to. Interesting.

a pity that these things have to happen before changes are made. The numbers and tributes to Boucher speak to the player and character he's been over the year.

As far as using AB as a wicketkeeper, I'm not really a fan but that does mean that we can play an extra batsman.

Pietersen

Smith

Amla

Kallis

AB

Rudolph

Duminy

Steyn

Philander

Morkel

Tahir

This is excellent news.

With all the bad weather we have been having the water table is at its highest it has been for years. I'm not sure Swann will be as effective as a result. I can see Steve Finn coming out as being englands main wicket taker this summer

With all the bad weather we have been having the water table is at its highest it has been for years. I'm not sure Swann will be as effective as a result. I can see Steve Finn coming out as being englands main wicket taker this summer

He needs to get a regular spot in the side first and he is far from guaranteed that at present. Bresnan's batting will see him keep his place IMO, Broad and Anderson are immoveable too (injuries notwithstanding). Can't see past this if Swann is fit:

Strauss

Cook

Trott

Pietersen

Bell

Bopara

Prior

Bresnan

Broad

Swann

Anderson

This is excellent news.

Assuming the quickies allow Swan to get a look in.

Given the summer the ball will be swinging around like mad, rather than us getting a turning wicket....

He needs to get a regular spot in the side first and he is far from guaranteed that at present. Bresnan's batting will see him keep his place IMO, Broad and Anderson are immoveable too (injuries notwithstanding). Can't see past this if Swann is fit:

Strauss

Cook

Trott

Pietersen

Bell

Bopara

Prior

Bresnan

Broad

Swann

Anderson

Fair enough. Steyn and Morkel will be a handful too that's for sure and phillander on a moving wicket equally so.

It's all set up to be a great contest just hope we don't get any bad weather to ruin it all!

Pietersen

Smith

Amla

Kallis

AB

Rudolph

Duminy

Steyn

Philander

Morkel

Tahir

Duminy hasnt got much against England and Swann had him in South Africa I seem to recall

it was actually Ashwell Prince.

Fair enough. Steyn and Morkel will be a handful too that's for sure and phillander on a moving wicket equally so.

It's all set up to be a great contest just hope we don't get any bad weather to ruin it all!

Aye, not looking very promising tho. Can't remember a worse year than this for cricket.

Finn has to play for me. Bresnan is a good bowler but Finn is a potential world beater.

The batting is strong enough. Even with Finn in the side you've got Swann at 9 & Anderson at 10, that's hardly a long tail.

Finn has bowled superby in the one dayers & Bresnan has an injury niggle. Has to be Finn.

Finn has to play for me. Bresnan is a good bowler but Finn is a potential world beater.

The batting is strong enough. Even with Finn in the side you've got Swann at 9 & Anderson at 10, that's hardly a long tail.

Finn has bowled superby in the one dayers & Bresnan has an injury niggle. Has to be Finn.

Can't see Flower being that bold in the first test. Plus we win when Bresnan plays (cept for the rainy draw).

Finn is looking better and better I agree. Nice problem to have.

How popular is cricket in South Africa amongst the black population? I imagine that's a big part of how well SA do moving forward as any young cricketers coming through will now have been born post-apartheid. I remember Ntini bemoaning a lack of interest a while back.

Can't see Flower being that bold in the first test. Plus we win when Bresnan plays (cept for the rainy draw).

Finn is looking better and better I agree. Nice problem to have.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I suspect it will be Bresnan.

However I'd like to think that we've moved on from picking inferior bowlers because they can bat.

Thats not to say I dont like Bresnan, I do. I just think Finn is top class and with bags more to come.

Playing Finn still has Swann coming in at 9, if that isn't good enough we have a problem!