By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

That London

What's the crack with Boris being re-elected as Mayor of London? Mega-rich buffoon with Tory/no policies that are as far as applicable as possible to most London voters that live in poor conditions. Is the vote only given to those that live within a mile radius of Westminister? Did the voters give him the benefit of the doubt cos he thought he wasn't going to get a top ticket to the Olympics?

American personality voting has taken over.

32% turnout. Loads of middle England knobheads. Matty says there's c**** everywhere, but I'm convinced theres more here. Ken a controversial figure anyway, think most people had seen enough of him.

I s*** you not, but the South East seem to be teeing Boris up to take over from Cameron. They think he's electable.

32% turnout. Loads of middle England knobheads. Matty says there's c**** everywhere, but I'm convinced theres more here. Ken a controversial figure anyway, think most people had seen enough of him.

I s*** you not, but the South East seem to be teeing Boris up to take over from Cameron. They think he's electable.

cameron got in and he probably is more electable than him sadly. dorries is trying for a bit of revolution from within by the sounds of it, be hilarious if cameron got ousted by his own.

As always, a number of reasons.

Low turnout; a lot of people really hate Ken; a lot of people are Tories sadly; Johnson has charisma.

I blame Labour tbh. A decent candidate wins. How we can't find one is disgraceful.

Low turnout; a lot of people really hate Ken; a lot of people are Tories sadly; Johnson has charisma.

I blame Labour tbh. A decent candidate wins. How we can't find one is disgraceful.

does Livingston stand as an independent if he doesn't get the Labour nod and if he does is it enough to ensure Johnson gets elected anyway?

does Livingston stand as an independent if he doesn't get the Labour nod and if he does is it enough to ensure Johnson gets elected anyway?

I don't think so. It's not 2000. The problem then was an arrogant leadership denying the obvious candidate.

If Ken had lost the selection it would have been fair enough. Doubt he'd have gone independent and he'd not have got much public support.

RFH england manager, boris johnson primeminister, be hillarious, like a carry on film, Carry On England! Come on then, who else is gonna get a post.

Jack douglas would have been a great foreign secretary.

Amalgamation of stuff read this morning on the maths, 6 of the 14 'areas' went for Ken, mainly inner, the remaining 8 went for Boris, mainly outer, the turnout was higher in Kens.

So why? Could be just a simple as people preferring the personality for this gig of transport/police comissioner, face of London, lobbyist for London, one is fluffy, the other nuggety. All the polling and results show there to be a significant number of Labour supporters who vote for Johnson as mayor and Labour for the assembly, and have done so both times he's run.

Johnson lead the polls all the way, there was a narrowing when Ken went heavy on fare cuts straight after Christmas when his opponent was still on the slopes, but Livingstone being the prickly so and so he is can't keep away from needling particular races or being entirely straight about anything, which bit him on the a*** over his tax avoidance and saw the gap open up again. It looks like there was an intervention on Ken's campaign, and he was pushed into the background when he wasn't gaining from the budget fall out, and the last two weeks were all about making it Labour v Tory and getting out the Labour vote.

I'm not sure it was a shoe in for any other Labour candidate to beat Boris, that would rely on any anti-Ken feeling going way past the pro-Ken vote that he surely must have, and also underestimating the strength of the pro-Boris vote.

Yep

I suppose siphoning off money meant for the homeless is honourable behaviour in your book is it?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/apr/09/homelessness-charities-missing-money-boris-johnson

Some f***ing idiots out there. Ive heard a few people say that they voted for boris because he seems a laugh

Some f***ing idiots out there. Ive heard a few people say that they voted for boris because he seems a laugh

Surely that is the only reason most people vote for him.

I'd say 'anyone' but obviously some will vote for him because they will be getting a slice of the money he is stealing from homeless people.